In the post 2000...

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Lowly Layman, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Dear friends,

I just realized that this is 2000th post. In the six years I've been a member I've learned much about my Anglican faith and about myself...namely that I tend to talk a lot. lol.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the good folks at Anglican Forums who make all this possible. And I wish to share the deep debt of gratitude I have for all my fellow members. "As iron sharpeneth iron" say the scriptures, "so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend". You all are truly my friends and you have made an indelible mark on my life. During my time here, I've experienced the loss of a job and had uproot my family, a long stretch of unemployment, the life-altering illness of my wife, her miraculous recovery, deaths, a miscarriage, and long dark nights of the soul that required a lot of God's grace to make it through. Through it all, the common interest and comradery I've invariably found here have been an invaluable place of peace in the bivouac of life.

Anyone who's read my posts will no doubt know my opinions have evolved over the years and no doubt they will continue to do so. I am a lowly layman after all and I'm just learning. But one opinion is fixed. Anglican Forums is the absolute best site for orthodox Anglican thought and discussion out there and don't you forget it!

May God grant me the wisdom of silence and may God grant AF a long and fruitful internet life!

...And may God continue to bless you all! :)

Aidan, Shane R, Botolph and 3 others like this.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Congratulations friend on this milestone