North American Common Prayer

Discussion in 'Liturgy, and Book of Common Prayer' started by DivineOfficeNerd, Jan 6, 2018.

1. DivineOfficeNerd

DivineOfficeNerd Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Laudian Anglo-Catholic
    Hello all!

As most of you probably know, the Anglican Church in North America has released Texts for Common Prayer, which are more or less based on the '28 Prayer Book, adding some of the better elements of the '79 (forgive my blasphemy :)). All of these texts are rendered in more or less reverent contemporary English. However, since May I have been working on converting these texts back into traditional "Prayer Book English". As ACNA has essentially finalized their eucharistic and Daily Office related texts, I have finalized my traditionalist renditions of them and begun to upload to https://northamericancommonprayer.wordpress.com/. I hope that this can be of some use to my fellow ACNA members and the Anglican community here as a whole.

I have yet to add the Standard rite for Holy Communion, which essentially is the 28' canon with the epiclesis moved to before the words of institution. However, it is sitting on my computer and I intend to upload it as soon as I get the chance.

Yours in Christ,

DivineOfficeNerd

Achilles Smith and Stalwart like this.
  2. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

Newfoundland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Thanks for this. Tomorrow morning I'll show the vicar of the parish at which I am organist. He will certainly appreciate this!

Stalwart and DivineOfficeNerd like this.
  3. DivineOfficeNerd

United States
    Religion:
    Laudian Anglo-Catholic
    I have updated the site with the all versions of HC as well as Matins and Evensong, and I'm getting around to putting their accompanying PDFs up as well.

Stalwart and Achilles Smith like this.
  4. DivineOfficeNerd

United States
    Religion:
    Laudian Anglo-Catholic
    Alright, I've got all the PDFs up for those as well as for the Litany, the Decalogue, and the Collects. It's going along good so far. If anyone would be kind enough to give any feedback, I'd be very grateful.

Stalwart and Achilles Smith like this.
  5. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

Newfoundland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Might I say how beautifully these texts are arranged? Also, what a beautiful volume it would make if properly bound with golden-gilt edges. Your labour has passed the test. Unfortunate, Father was in a hurry this morning after Mass and I showed him one sample of the Common Text for the Eucharist and he was enamoured, but had to rush off to catch a flight.

6. DivineOfficeNerd

United States
    Religion:
    Laudian Anglo-Catholic
    That's too kind, the PDFs of course look better than the HTML. A printed version would be nice but I am not even sure where to start on that, let alone how I would go about selling it. Issue is, of course, these are copyright texts. ACNA lets them be edited in the public domain but I am not sure they would be too happy about a printed version.

Stalwart likes this.
  7. DivineOfficeNerd

United States
    Religion:
    Laudian Anglo-Catholic
    An update - I've gotten the Daily Office and the primary Eucharistic materials updated according to what ACNA put out yesterday. I have omitted the Common Text as it appears parts of the Standard are made optional in order to essentially create the Common Text.

Good chunks of the Prayer of the Oblation are now optional, kyrie eleison :( .

Aidan and Stalwart like this.
  8. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    This is amazing. An amazing job D-O-N.

9. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic