Sadness of being alone, but not alone.

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by neminem, Dec 31, 2017.

1. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    I feel this all the time.
    Alone in my beliefs that nobody fully understands.
    Alone in my truths that nobody fully knows.
    But not alone because the LORD knows.

Anglican04 and Aidan like this.
  2. Anglican04

Anglican04 Active Member Anglican

Combination of the spiritual world and our world.

3. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    What are your truths, and beliefs? We should avoid feeling solipsistic, as if we hold the truth that nobody else does. Truth is not given as a revelation, but is diffused throughout all the world; with reason and faith, many hundreds of millions of people attain to truth together.

It may be that you truly have no godly people around, or it may be a matter of pride and rejecting good and godly people around you. Where do you think you stand in that continuum?

4. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    My truth is about the truth of my thoughts and actions as well as those based on my beliefs.
    My beliefs are similar to many Christians but some beliefs are based on my truths.
    It has nothing to do with solipsism for nobody is special, but everybody is unique. It is in that uniqueness we stand alone amongst others.
    The LORD knows our truth and beliefs (our uniqueness) better than we may be willing to accept.
    It is in the LORD we are no longer alone or even unique.

5. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Dear brother it's possible to get it very wrong by believing "My truths". The truth is never subjective, a thing is either true or untrue, not true for you but untrue for me.

6. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    True about truth is never subjective, but how much truth are we aware of that makes the difference.

Suppose you are aware of your own truths more so than most people you meet. Your observation, or discernment, of others is based on your awareness of your truths. Empathy is based on such awareness of self. This awareness helps us to identify with others. Yet we may not be invited to express a truth that others clearly do not want to know. In that moment...

Alone in my truths that nobody fully knows.
    But not alone because the LORD knows.

An example of different levels of awareness. Most people are not aware of a truth about their anger. If they did, they would not react angrily as such. When they come across somebody who is angry, often they themselves become angry, and a shouting match may develop. The deeper truth about anger is that the angry person is upset about something not going their way. They fear that if it does not go their way, they may have to cope with the change of plan or expectation. So, the truth of an angry person is that they are afraid. Yell back at an angry person only makes them more afraid. To deal with anger is the same as you would deal with being afraid. Which is the opposite reaction. One stays calm, gentle, listening, be reassuring that they will be okay.

The truth does not change, but what is different is the degree of self awareness (of one's own truth).