Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Magistos, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Magistos

Magistos Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    So, I joined this board, and then immediately jetted off to the Rocky Mountains for vacation, came back, got a promotion, and settled into that and got so busy I never said hi!

Hello from the Atlanta metro area in Georgia!

So, I grew up Southern Baptist, married a lovely Italian woman, and have three wonderful children. Through the course of our marriage, I have continued to learn about the history of the church, and slowly found myself drawn to Anglicanism. I attend an Anglican church now, serve as a volunteer, and I am working on being confirmed. I happily made the attestation, because I already believe it. It's just a matter of formality with the church now. (It's a church in the ACNA, part of the C4SO diocese and so things sometimes move differently.)

So, I come at this from a Baptist background, with a wife who grew up Roman Catholic, and she is now attending a Byzantine Catholic church, happy there, cantoring there, and our kids are baptized and confirmed there. So, a wide range of experience. I am happily jumping in with both feet, happy to have come "home". I could write a novel of how I came to where I am, but I won't, for now, and just want to say thank you for having me.

Peteprint likes this.
  2. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Hello Magistos!

3. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Cead mile failte Magistos

4. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Hi Magistos, welcome aboard! How are you faring in the wake of Irma? I'm from South Georgia myself. We just got our power back on last night.