Thoughts on Muslims?

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Gio, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    with all the resent drama with Donald trump banning certain Islamic countries from entering the us, I'd like to know what you guys think about muslims. Do you think they don't worship the same God as Jews and Christians? Do you think they are all terrorists and should be banned?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Well,we, as Christians believe, Jesus is God's Son, God clothed in flesh. Muslims do not. We believe God is Love. Muslims do not. We believe Jesus died for our sins. Muslims believe Jesus never died. We believe that whoever comes to Jesus for a new life will be forgiven and one day live in heaven. Muslims do not, the Koran teaches that you cannot go to Heaven( fa ghos/Paradise) unless you live a live of righteousness, and you cannot live a life of righteousness unless it is the will of Allah. You have no choice. There is only one sure way, to die fighting for the cause of Allah(jihad). We believe there is only one sure way , by being a follower of Jesus. St. Paul states in Galatians," if anyone teaches a different Gospel than what we teach, a curse is upon them, even if it is an angel". Jesus said,"wisdom is known by it's results"and "a tree is known by its fruit ". Look at the shape of Muslim societies to know the truth of that statement. Christians follow the One true God. Islam is a deluded, false "religion". The more Muslims are "devout" the more they will want to die in jihad to go to Paradise. So , yes, most all Muslims are potential terrorists if they truly follow their religion. With the possible exception of Sufi, and some non-mainstream branches.

Laura S., Andy and Aidan like this.
  3. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    I have serious disagreements with them religiously, but it is a better and more Godly faith than polytheism or other paganisms. There is a massive, and I mean MASSIVE amount of propaganda about Islam in the world, both by the West to justify oil imperialism, mainly the US, and "Islamic" regimes pushing for political hegemony and influence through religious manipulation, primarily the Saudis and Daesh. In reality, people know very little about Islam, only what they are told by propaganda. I don't let that propaganda twist my image of Islam.

Islamic culture is one of my favorite things to study, oddly enough. I'm in love with the better aspects of Arabian, Turkish, and especially Iranian culture and history, as well as their art.

Thomas Didymus likes this.
  4. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    btw I have previously been a member of a Syrian Orthodox Church and have many middle eastern friends( Syrian, Iraqi, Iranian, Jordanian,Lebanese, etc)The are Christian,Muslim, even Jewish. I know what they all say and think about religious matters. Many of my Middle Eastern Christian friends have seen unspeakable atrocities perpetrated by Muslims and this has happened for numerous generations. No matter what anybody says, actions speak louder than words. Just look at what's going on in the world.

5. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    "Well,we, as Christians believe, Jesus is God's Son, God clothed in flesh. Muslims do not."(agreed) "We believe God is Love. Muslims do not."(disagreed) muslims do believe allah(God) loves them, one of the 99 names of allah(God) is al-wadud, which means all loving. "We believe that whoever comes to Jesus for a new life will be forgiven and one day live in heaven. Muslims do not, the Koran teaches that you cannot go to Heaven( fa ghos/Paradise) unless you live a live of righteousness, and you cannot live a life of righteousness unless it is the will of Allah." (DISAGREED) while it is true that they don't believe jesus is the savior, they do believe he is a very inportant prophet, his Islamic name is isa(pbuh). And it is also taught in the Bible you also need to live a good righteous life, this theology applies to all religions, and who said you have to "fight a war"(jihad), seriously? Research, also, look up the true meaning of jihad please. And what do you mean when you say all of them can be terrorists if they follow their true "religion". Any person can be a terrorist/extremist AHEM( KKK, westboro babtist church) so why them must you say such rude remarks? Most of which are misguided. There is a difference between not agreeing with a religion(@PotterMcKinney ) and disagreeing with it based on propaganda you hear, reaserch and then we can continue debating.

PotterMcKinney likes this.
  6. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    Also, love thy neighbor as you love thyself.

7. PotterMcKinney

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    Part of the love can be reprimandation, if it is out of concern and charitable.

8. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    But that's not what he is showing, he is showing lies.

9. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    I have a aunt, uncle, and grandfather in law who are from Jordan, a country right next to Israel, where the majority religion is Islam. I know a lot of things about Arabic culture, magluba, a food, my family traditionally sings happy birthday in Arabic, Spanish, and English, and I also know about the religion. In fact my grandfather gave me Islamic art which I keep in my room.

10. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Islam is a Christian heresy.

CFLawrence, Andy and alphaomega like this.
  11. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Allah leads astray. Sura13:31-32', who can guide those Allah has led astray? Sura30,cast terror into the hearts of the infidels,strike off their heads 8:12,make war on unbelievers until Allah's religion reigns supreme 8:40,"Prophet, make war on the unbelievers. Hell shall be their home 9:73,men have status above women2:28, beat disobedient wives4:35,have no friends who are jews and Christians5:51,, Allah wants to punish some so they will die unbeievers9:55. , nothing can happen to is except for what is the will of Allah 9:51,if slain fighting for Allah's way, you will be in the presence of Allah3:169-170 etc ad nauseam. Ues, anyone can be a terrorist but if someone claims to be on behalf of Christ they are lying, because they are not obeying Him. If a Muslim does violent/ terrorist acts they are obeying teachings of Muhammed/Koran. I am telling TRUE remarks , if you find them rude, too bad for you. Know the truth and be set free. I don't feel like being PC when many of my dear friend have had their family and loved ones eyes gouged out, beheaded, raped with bayonets, shot and killed. Many times in front of them. Hey, believe whatever you want.Who said anything about a debate? YOU asked what we think. You got it. Why even post if you don't want to hear the reply?

Andy likes this.
  12. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    Ok? The Bible states a lot of laws about killing people based on what they do, sinners, yet we don't do them. There is violence in every religion, get over it

13. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    And the Bible says some pretty sexist stuff too, look it up

14. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    And who said I didn't want to hear the replies?

15. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Yeah, I know some Jordanians too. Seemed to be pretty good folks. Hannah Hussan, her and family owned a convenience store up the road from me . Her son is Nidal Hussan. Might of heard of him, he went on a killing rampage at Ft.Hood,TX, yelling varous muslim catch phrases.

16. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Islam is totally syncretic. It "borrows" from Judaism and Christianity but cherry picks and rewrites to suit its ends

alphaomega likes this.
  17. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    My "lies"are coming from the Koran itself.

Andy likes this.
  18. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    your racist and offensive, any way
    Topping it was St Paul's advice in 1 Timothy 2:12, in which the saint says: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

The extract is often used to justify opposition to women priests.

Next was this worrying verse endorsing genocide, from 1 Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

Third was Moses's call to kill witches, in Exodus 22:18: "Do not allow a sorceress to live."

Another gruesome verse to make the list was Psalm 137, which celebrates this terrible revenge: "Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us / He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

19. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Not the New Testament I follow. You know, the one that makes the Old obsolete.

20. PotterMcKinney

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    Jay, I can't find any of those quotes where you cite them. Not a single one yet, though I'm not through them all. What translation is that? Doesn't sound like true remarks, let alone TRUE remarks. I'm not being PC, just educating myself to better understand the issue at hand.