Should the Church of England close because of its history?

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by Andrewofthetribe, Nov 27, 2016.

1. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Brother, I tell you I love being Anglican...it's not perfect, but I'm here, I have dug in and I guess I'm here to stay. It's hard finding a church where you feel you belong,...I guess sometimes you gotta live with the differences... If you don't feel like you can deal with it, like you're not being nourished,as hard as it is for me to say you can always move to another "pasture",another denomination, another church. As long as they have a solid Trinitarian faith, solid traditional Christian morals and are committed to following Our Savior Jesus, why not? I tell you though,it's not good wandering, and really there are a lot worse choices than good old Anglican Christianity. There are other denominations of Anglicanism besides the Church of England, it might not be too bad to learn a little about them. No matter, if you truly follow Him, then He will always be with you.
    I hope God blesses you in whatever you put your hand to...

Madeline, Christina and Lowly Layman like this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

I think Anglicanism lends itself to Winston Churchill's quote about democracy....

Anglicanism is the worst religion....except for all others!

God save the Church!

Madeline, Christina and alphaomega like this.
  3. Christina

Christina Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican;Eastern Orthodox
    I am an Anglican and I attend a Church of England Parish - the C of E being the most widely available Anglican Church in England. I attend that Church because of the people that go there - my brothers and sisters in Christ; because of the work that Church gets involved within the Community; because that Church seeks to draw others to Christ; because that Church preaches sound doctrine .... I could go on. I don't feel the need to dwell on the past of to defend the history of the C of E - there are more important things to do.

4. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I think we have been. As Anglicans we are all in a sense Church-of-Englandians. I defended it from your calumnies precisely because of my personal identification, as an American, with the Church of England.

Christina, alphaomega and Andy like this.
  5. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    We are one
    But we are many
    And from all the lands on earth we come
    We'll share a dream
    And sing with one voice
    I am, you are, we are

Aidan, Christina and alphaomega like this.
  6. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    I think Andrew has many issues

7. Andrewofthetribe

Andrewofthetribe New Member

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    lol I sure do Aidan, it's it's a real message of hope that you have all come out to defend the Anglican community and the Church of England.
    It is surely a sign that my quest to rebuild the Church of England and fill its doors with the faithful shall continue.
    I just need the right platform, somewhere where the commonfolk can hear the message and hopefully they will stand up for their church and look further than the preaching and look at our magnificent history, we have learned not to tolerate hatred through the history of Jesus in our own land albeit through a king, christs message was not in vain.

8. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
  9. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Madeline and Peteprint like this.
  10. Andrewofthetribe

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    Just heard some great news Justin Welby has announced they are going to look into our history and make amends with the Catholics. Do you think he read my thread lol

11. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

12. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Hello Jay.

13. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hello there!

14. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Should the Church of England close because of its history? Absolutely not. Undoubtedly the C of E is wounded and suffering. Wounds and suffering can be lovingly attended to and nursed back to health through a programme combining loving care with health education

15. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    alphaomega likes this.
  16. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
  17. Andrewofthetribe

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    Thanks for
    Thanks for your kind words.
    I've decided to quit my quest to help the Church of England. I thought God wanted me to help show this message. But alas I guess it was just high spirits and not the Holy Spirit.
    I thought I had experienced some kind of contact with Jesus and the Holy Spirit but although it makes sense in my head , no one else seems to think it's a good idea which makes me think I must have just made it up in my head.
    I shall continue trying to feed the birds everyday and protect my little portion of the great ark. I honesty think that's all I can do really.
    Sorry to have bothered everyone.

Andrew

Madeline and alphaomega like this.
  18. Andrewofthetribe

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    The CofE is mortality wounded I'm afraid. It will never return to serve the people of England, there is no spirit within its walls. It's decaying from its own history.
    As a CofE member I'm just going to stay away and build my little piece of the great Ark. Its time to feed the birds

19. Andrewofthetribe

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    If it is written then it must be true :) When will daniel unseal the book :D

20. Andrewofthetribe

Uk
    Religion:
    CofE
    The world is dividing at the moment, the political storm is blowing and the waters are being parted, I think it's going to be a bumpy ride for all who have Christ written upon their hearts.

Aidan and alphaomega like this.