Breaking: Bishop of Mississippi Breaks Long-Time Promise, Allows Same-Sex Blessings

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Celtic1, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorrie S

Lorrie S Member

USA
    Religion:
    None
    Sounds like you got it all figured out. I'll move on now--got to get stocked up-- a blizzard is coming my way. Keep warm. BTW, I have an article that sort of makes the point I was trying to make. Since I'm not in the "chosen frozen" I'm sure that what I offer is bunk but it does have some humor. As my granny always said, "It's not what you say but how you say it." Someone's ideas about truth shouldn't take a backseat to simple, human compassion. This conversation is over as it's outlived it's usefulness and I'm sure you'd like to get back to bashing your Bishop. Take care and stay warm--bye.

http://matthewpaulturner.com/2013/1...n-decent-people-into-jackasses/#comment-16412

2. Jeff F

Jeff F Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Conservative Believer
    As usual, you accuse others of the cold, judgemental attitude that you've consistantly displayed to others here. You'll fit in perfectly with the folks in the ECUSA, confusion, anger, and hatred of anything resembling normalcy. Good luck.

Jeff

Elizabethan Churchman likes this.
  3. Elizabethan Churchman

Elizabethan Churchman Active Member

United States of America
    Religion:
    Anglican Newbie
    Yes, there are Christians who become mean-spirited right fighters. There are also people who believe in just about anything who become mean-spirited right-fighters. Including, apparently, Total Tolerance Liberals who become intolerant of those who aren't Total Tolerance Liberals. But, let's be honest here. How many of the mean-spirited right fighters amongst Christians are just people who have strong, confident opinions? That seems to be my experience: Many who have a beef with some doctrine a Christian believes accuse them of mean-spiritedness in order to avoid the implications of the tough doctrine and avoid argument. You don't just think the way we say homosexuality is a sin is wrong: You seem to think the very idea itself is offensive.

Jeff F likes this.
  4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

The horse has been beaten to death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.