My forum suggestions

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Adam Warlock, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if there was an official statement of faith or beliefs for our forum. :) There probably is, and I just missed it. With the growth in forum membership lately, it might be beneficial for everybody to be on the same page.

I guess the thread title should say "forum suggestion" rather than "suggestions." :D

2. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

Adam,
    I haven't found that either. It is a good idea. Also, as the membership grows, moderation will become more of a concern for the Forum Host.

Adam Warlock likes this.
  3. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    I agree about the need for moderation and a statement of faith. This is a nice forum to discuss topics and questions of interest to traditional Anglicans (e.g., Anglo Catholic, ACNA, High Church Anglicans, conservative Episcopals, etc.). And I also think some topics that fall outside of the boundary of traditional Anglicanism should be removed, as well as certain posts exhibiting disrespectful comments toward traditional Anglicans.

...Scottish Monk

Adam Warlock likes this.
  4. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    Hmmmmm my suggestion would be that scripture be the basis for our discussion in this forum and good manners be the basis on which we moderate the forum. With regards to our statement of faith I believe they are quite rightly expressed in the 39 Articles and the creeds.

If the forum reaches a stage where people cannot express their opinion in a civil manner without coming under the microscope of the fixed and unbending beliefs of a group within the membership then I would rethink my membership of the forum.

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican