Wave

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Incense, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Incense

Incense Active Member

Good day!

I will introduce myself by saying few of my favoutrie things: history, poems, books, people, art, tea,... common things I guess... boring to some, interesting to others...

Old Christendom likes this.
  2. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Hello fellow tea and history lover :) Welcome to the forums. Do you have a favourite tea? I'm always eager to try new kinds

3. Incense

Incense Active Member

Someone got me white tea rose flavour Saturday, I have not tried it yet but I will try it today! I will tell you how I will find it!
    I like green teas in general, Lady grey with a hint of milk, hmmm, a few options there!
    Any favourite of yours?

4. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Nice choices!

I've recently got a lovely oolong tea from an eccentric small teashop here. It's the only black tea that I love without milk! I also like lady grey, early grey and strong breakfast tea hehe.

5. Incense

Incense Active Member

Ohhh a friend of mine gave me one oolong teabag to try but I've been waiting for the opportunity to try it! I will let you know if I like it without milk!
    I know a very nice teashop around where I am, it's good to have a favourite tea shop because you will trust their tea to be authentic!

Scottish Knight likes this.
  6. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Indeed! I looked for ages to find a good tea shop and finally found a great one!

Look forward to hearing how you like it :)

7. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Incense and Scottish Knight like this.
  8. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome, Incense! :)

I used to prefer the Earl Grey, but it has become lacklustre lately. Lady Grey has more refinement. :)

9. Incense

Incense Active Member

That is great! I search for caffeine free things! Thanks Scottish Monk! I will find some soon!

And thanks for the welcome Anglican74 and Consular!

I used to like Earl grey too but found that Lady Grey is actually nicer! Plus on the tea box i have there is this "explanation"
    "Lady Grey was quite a beautiful woman. She always looked elegant and liked to wear a peacock feather in her hair at gatherings. This tea was named after her, goes well at social gatherings too - even if it's just a pot of tea shared with a friend. Sit and chat, sip and gossip, and let the fresh, citrus flavour transport you to a sunnier place. We like this black tea best in the afternoon with a biscuit or a slice of cake."
    So on cold days it makes me happy and think of the sun and sunshine all over :cool:

Scottish Knight, I tried the white rose tea, I have to say I do not think I am fan of rose flavoured stuff but it was not bad!

10. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    #

Oh interesting. If I find any I might try it. I wonder if white rose tastes different from red roses..

SM, interestin g link about the health benefits for nettle tea. It sounds like it mayhelp my eczema if it stops inflmmation. Might need to try it

11. Incense

Incense Active Member

Oh and now I am wondering the same!!

Oolong tea was so very good! Today I was sick so I left work earlier and I thought it was perfect time to try a new tea! This is the kind she gave me a teabag from
    [​IMG]
    ps. I hope your eczema gets better!

Scottish Monk likes this.
  12. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    It looks nice brand! Glad you liked it :D I guess you'll need to get some more hehe. Dragon tea - is thata type of flower mixed into it? Hope you get better soon Incense.

13. Incense

Incense Active Member

It says it is Chinese oolong with safflower, peach and apricots! And it was a good brand I think! Drangon Eye tea makes you feel in a fairy tale doesn't it hehe! Draw your sword knight!!
    I hope I will be getting better soon too, it is not nice to be sick, no hehe!

14. Incense

Incense Active Member

15. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    That is extremely cool! I've been having about 4 cups a day and my eczema is almost gone :D I put it down to other things but perhaps it is the tea. I have loads of it actually I asked the guy at the shop for a quarter pound of it and he said "what the heck, I'll give you the whole lot" and filled the bag up to the brim hehe

Incense likes this.
  16. Incense

Incense Active Member

I guess it's the tea and since it is decaf, it is not taking the water out of your body! That is good news hehe!

17. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Consular, if you like lady grey you will probably like blue lady - another cool citrusy one. Have you tried it?

http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/tea/scented-teas/blue-lady

I enjoy drinking it in the evenings

Incense and Toma like this.
  18. Incense

Incense Active Member

I have not yet tried Blue Lady so I am going to steel this idea and try it hehe

19. Incense

Incense Active Member

I found out a new tea shop around. I have not tasted their tea (well actually I did because they offered me to taste a minted ice tea thing but you can't tell from a small sip hehe) but it seemed good!
    I found out they had a cool website and they have this tea 101 page (http://www.argoteastore.com/b/5770388011)
    But the coolest of all is that I found this tumbler! I got it for myself as Christmas gift![​IMG]

20. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Cool tumbler. but not the same as a cup and saucer :p

I tried this orange blossom tea today:

[​IMG]

Absolutely gorgeous! Reminded me so much of a holiday I went on.So fragrent and refreshing this tea