Traditionalists setting up alternative synod in C of E

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Lowly Layman, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

2. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    Following this with interest.....

Madeline likes this.
  3. Christina

Christina Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican;Eastern Orthodox
    Madeline likes this.
  4. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Happy Anglican
    It will be interesting to see how this does pan out. AMiA or Gafcon has been sending missionaries to the UK for about a year now.

How many will be willing to walk away from buildings, retirements and pay?

The Anglo-Catholics, a good number moved to the ordinariate a few years ago. Do not know how many are left that are truly
    catholic and not just smells and bells lets dress up types.

Blessings,

Fr. Mark

5. Christina

Christina Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican;Eastern Orthodox
    There are a few of us left! It's difficult - we don't accept all RC dogmas - so do we stay in the C of E and seek to influence it; do we become Ordinariate and accept doctrine we don't agree with; or do split from the C of E and start to creat a landscape in England that starts to resemble what it appears you have in the USA. Like in the USA I imagine that those moving away from the C of E would not all be of one mind - so various new Anglican Churches would form - some evangelical, some Anglo Catholic. I imagine it is difficult for the priests to decide what to do, being closer to the "politics" of the Church than their congregations need to be or may be aware of.

6. Madeline

Madeline Well-Known Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I'd like to add an aside that I feel so sad for the clergy at the church I belong to. Well, and probably most Anglican clergy at this point. I used to not understand why we were praying for the clergy - selfishly thinking that it's their job to pray for *us - and now think they really do need our prayers.

*Forgive me this, though, because I was only 14. But still as self-involved as can be ;)

Andy likes this.
  7. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

This is so distressing. It seems like everything is breaking apart at the seams. I'm not sure what to make of all this.

I always try to include my parish, clergy, and diocese in my prayers. Right now I have a little cove of a strong traditional church, but I won't be surprised if it too is tumbled over.

Lord, have mercy.

alphaomega likes this.
  8. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    You are in my prayers that the right path may be shown to you

9. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

Thank you, Aidan and God bless. I believe that I have found the right path in following our Lord Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately, it seems that the institution of the church is in a tumult across the world. I don't think any of the denominations can claim too much stability right now. Especially in the West.