The Rosary- Prayers and Practice

Discussion in 'Prayers' started by Ide, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    This thread is for anyone to add prayers for rosary prayers and share our rosary stories, and resources. If you pray the rosary and have special concerns or prayers you would like to share with others, you can include them here.

I will be praying the rosary and will include the prayers others request in my recitation. I hope others can join me.

As there are many styles, please don't feel limited by either the method or types of prayers. It can be whatever style of rosary you prefer, whether Roman Catholic, Anglican, or even a prayer rope.

[​IMG]

2. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    I am including special prayers for the healing of physical, mental, spiritual and societal wounds due to the Alt-Right rally and resulting violence at Charlottesville, VA on August 12th.

I also pray for the young woman, Ms. Heyer, who was intentionally killed and the police helicopter pilots, Lt. H. Jay Cullen & Trooper-Pilot Berke Bates who died in an accidental crash.

Heavenly Father, in your Word you have given us a vision of
    that holy City to which the nations of the world bring their
    glory: Behold and visit, we pray, the cities of the earth.
    Renew the ties of mutual regard which form our civic life.
    Send us honest and able leaders. Enable us to eliminate
    poverty, prejudice, and oppression, that peace may prevail
    with righteousness, and justice with order, and that men and
    women from different cultures and with differing talents may
    find with one another the fulfillment of their humanity;
    through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. -BCP

3. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    This week I will be including special prayers for the people in Sierra Leone who have died, were injured, or displaced by the mudslides and heavy rains affecting the capital city of Freetown. Around 600 people have been injured with estimates of 200-300 killed. I pray for those emergency workers who are helping others in providing medical treatment and recovery operations.

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...ra-leone-scrambles-to-find-mudslide-survivors

O merciful Father, who hast taught us in thy holy Word that
    thou dost not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men:
    Look with pity upon the sorrows of thy servant for whom
    our prayers are offered. Remember him, O Lord, in mercy,
    nourish his soul with patience, comfort him with a sense of
    thy goodness, lift up thy countenance upon him, and give
    him peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.-BCP

4. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    I pray for the Barcelona victims. Also for terrorists that they may come into Christs shining like from out of the darkness of evil

5. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    This week I will be praying the rosary for the people suffering from the effects of Hurricane Harvey making landfall in Texas. I pray for those who who have died or were injured during this storm. I also pray for the first responders and other public servants who are assisting others caught in the storm. May God see them safely through this time and may those who have lost family be comforted.

Almighty God our heavenly Father, send down upon those
    who hold office in the state of Texas, the spirit of wisdom, charity, and justice;
    that with steadfast purpose they may faithfully serve in their
    offices to promote the well-being of all people; through Jesus
    Christ our Lord. Amen. BCP

6. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    This week I will be praying the rosary for the people suffering from the effects of Hurricane Irma making landfall in several Caribbean islands and the state of Florida. I pray for those who who have died, were injured, or suffered a loss of their home or business due to Irma. I also pray for the public servants and private companies who are assisting those who are suffering. May God see them safely through this time and may those who have lost family or employment be comforted.

O God of peace, who hast taught us that in returning and
    rest we shall be saved, in quietness and confidence shall be
    our strength: By the might of thy Spirit lift us, we pray thee,
    to thy presence, where we may be still and know that thou
    art God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. BCP

Aidan and Lowly Layman like this.
  7. Tuxedo America

Tuxedo America New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Latin Rite Catholic
    I got a wooden rosary from the group Dynamic Catholic about two years ago, but I didn't start praying it immediately. It took me a few months to get into it, but once I started, I never stopped. I have prayed the rosary every day for over a year, and it's my favorite devotion.

I pray for Pope Francis' health and his intentions and for my family's wellbeing (and that they may convert), among other things. Whenever something such as a terrorist attack or natural disaster occurs, I make it a point to include the victims in my intentions.

Aidan likes this.
  8. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    American Anglican
    Thank you for your prayers Ide. I live in South Georgia. Our power finally came back on Wednesday and there are folks nearby who still have no power. God protected us though. We had trees fall but none on the house or cars. Our neighbors were safe too. Much better than they were projecting.

9. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    I hope that things are back to normal for you in Georgia. I haven't had a chance to check in with this thread as I've been ill for a few weeks. It's been a rough few months for the Caribbean and southeast U.S. May God bless you and your family.

Aidan and Lowly Layman like this.
  10. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    American Anglican
    Thank you, all is well again in my area. I hope you are healthy again too.

11. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    This week I am praying in remembrance of St. Ignatius of Antioch who was martyred in Rome in 108 A.D. In this present day and age in which we find ourselves in a post-Christian culture may we remember his courage and devotion Christ. May we also remember those Christians in our own time, who throughout the world, face hostility, violence and persecution in these times for their faith in Jesus. May we remember the wisdom of the early church Fathers:

"I have confidence of you in the Lord, that ye will be of no other mind. Wherefore I write boldly to your love, which is worthy of God, and exhort you to have but one faith, and one [kind of] preaching, and one Eucharist. For there is one flesh of the Lord Jesus Christ; and His blood which was shed for us is one; one loaf also is broken to all [the communicants], and one cup is distributed among them all: there is but one altar for the whole Church, and one bishop, with the presbytery and deacons, my fellow-servants. Since, also, there is but one unbegotten Being, God, even the Father; and one only-begotten Son, God, the Word and man; and one Comforter, the Spirit of truth; and also one preaching, and one faith, and one baptism; and one Church which the holy apostles established from one end of the earth to the other by the blood of Christ, and by their own sweat and toil; it behoves you also, therefore, as "a peculiar people, and a holy nation," to perform all things with harmony in Christ."- The Epistle of Ignatius to the Philadelphians

Tuesday, October 17, 2017​

Almighty God, we praise thy Name for thy bishop and martyr Ignatius of Antioch, who offered himself as grain to be ground by the teeth of wild beasts that he might present unto thee the pure bread of sacrifice. Accept, we pray thee, the willing tribute of our lives, and give us a share in the pure and spotless offering of thy Son Jesus Christ; who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. -Lesser Fasts and Feasts

[​IMG]

Aidan likes this.