The calling

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Matt_hil, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Matt_hil

Matt_hil New Member

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Hey everyone,

My names is Matt (or Matthew) I'm 31 and live in the uk. I attended an amazing church (church of england) not as much as I should. My partner is heavily involved in our church.

I need guidance and help. Recently I had a personal over whelming experience where I felt a calling, where I actually cried with tears of love/joy from it, my whole body felt a charge flowing through my body to which I cannot explain. I felt god was calling me for me, I know it sounds silly and I've herd these stories of people having this calling and thought they were mad. however I know now what they experienced.

l am scared and lost now in what my next step is. How do I approach this with my vicar / partner ? I'm not confirmed in the church either - would I sound silly if approached my vicar and say I want to follow the path of be coming ordained? My is heart is pulling me towards it now. But I don't want to sound like a mad person! Please Help - Thank you

2. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    Don't be afraid to talk to your partner, as openness about these things is good for a relationship, and don't be afraid to talk to your vicar if you believe this is serious. It is his job as a pastor to provide spiritual guidance. If you do want to discern ordination, I'd probably open with some confession of repentance for being relatively uninvolved and explain desire to be confirmed and participate more. I will pray for you and for guidance in your life.

3. peter

peter Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican
    In the Church of England, confirmation is a requirement for ordination, as is I believe at least 2 years of regular attendance. Involvement in your parish, perhaps as a member of the PCC, are positively considered. I would stat then by working towards confirmation and becoming more involved.

PotterMcKinney and Lowly Layman like this.
  4. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Pray hard, trust in the Holy Spirit and He will lead you to where He wants you to be

PotterMcKinney likes this.
  5. Matt_hil

Matt_hil New Member

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Thank you so much for your supportive replies, I have spoken to my partner now and they full support in the path I want to follow, I'm now taking the positives steps in becoming more part of my church and becoming closer to Christ. Thank you all.