Stephanos

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Stephanos, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Stephanos

Stephanos New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Texas
    I signed up about 6 months ago and it looks like I did not create a hello thread so I will be doing that now.

Lets see. I am told I am more liberal in my theological ideas. I prefer Open theism than classical Arminianism for free will. I grew up in a holiness church, Church of the Nazarene, site for those who want to see the background in which I was raised: http://nazarene.org/ .

I have a B.S. in marketing. I enjoy reading books on theology, mythology, ancient (mainly Greek and Roman) and medieval warfare as well as the culture.

Lets see I also like American Muscle Cars, 60s-70s.

I have recently left the Church of the Nazarene and started attending the Episcopal church. I enjoy the liturgy of the worship service. Something that evangelical churches lack. I also find the diversity within the Anglican church very refreshing. Although I do see some of the same problems that my denomination is having as well. But over all I am currently content in the Anglican community.

Note: I am not Greek and have not attended an EO church, some have mistaken me for being EO because of my name in the past and some of the things I agree on with the EO church.

2. Ogygopsis

Ogygopsis Active Member

Not sure what the Church of Nazerene is about. I agree with you on liturgy. I don't have the words to describe what it means and does, but I think its something about mystery and the grandness of God.