Presbyterian pastor during Covid19: “God canceled Easter. So should we.”

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by anglican74, Apr 26, 2020.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Despite what the writer of that article seems to think, it isn't appropriate to see "God's judgment" in every bad thing that happens. Maybe not even in any of the bad things that happen. God's judgment is largely reserved for the end, if Jesus' words and the Book of Revelation are taken into account.

This reminds me, a few weeks ago TrueCompanion initiated a conversation about my avatar. Apparently he doesn't agree that we will ever see Jesus Christ physically on earth ever again, or at least that's the impression I got. At Eastertime I wished him a happy Easter, to which he responded by sending me a Jehovah's Witness web article about the wrongness of celebrating Easter. (I'm pretty sure TrueCompanion is a JW himself.) I knew that certain groups oppose Easter celebration and that Jehovah's Witnesses were one of those, but I had no idea there were any Presbyterians who felt that way.

I can think of better things to be divisive about.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I suspect that "TrueCompanion" now is contacting forum members under a new moniker, "forwardmotion." If anyone gets a cryptic question from him via private 'conversation,' be aware that in all likelihood he's a Jehovah's Witness.

When I challenged him to stop acting sneaky and tell me what church he belongs to, he quoted the scripture about 'not casting pearls before swine.'

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Moderator Staff Member Anglican

Both of those users have been caught privately harassing other members, and have gotten banned.

Rexlion likes this.
  5. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    forwardmotion pm'ed me about the covid situation in New Zealand and if covid had led to me becoming an agnostic.
    There was nothing offensive, but just a bit strange.