Prayer Intentions Thread

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Toma, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Brethren,

In conjunction with this petition in "forum suggestions", we should come together as Christians to pray for humanity, for the Church, and for all things. We need this more than anything in the turbulent storm of our fallen world.

Please post only prayers and requests. Do not reply to other people except to say that you are praying for them or to write a prayer down that you will say for them, and which you might recommend they use.

Even if it is just a starter home for what we hope will become a sub-forum, please treat this thread seriously.

Anna Scott likes this.
  2. Toma

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    As for the inaugural prayer: please pray for the Church of God on Earth: be it PECUSA, COE, or all Christians! Pray for intimate unity with all Christians and for undying love of God. We especially ought to pray for the missions in all parts, whose evangelists bring Christ to a fallen, sinful, and suffering world. Bring yet more souls to Christ, for Christ!

Personally, I beg you to pray for those suffering anxiety: my fellow brethren in sickness and mental trials, especially the scrupulous and sin-obsessed, that the love of God and the mercy of Christ may be known to them fully without doubt.

If you are inclined, pray Psalm 17:8-13 for those of anxious hearts and for the Church of God as she suffers before the triumph:

[6] I call upon thee, for thou wilt answer me, O God;
    incline thy ear to me, hear my words.
    [7] Wondrously show thy steadfast love,
    O savior of those who seek refuge
    [8] Keep me as the apple of the eye;
    hide me in the shadow of thy wings,
    [9] from the wicked who despoil me,
    my deadly enemies who surround me.
    [10] They close their hearts to pity;
    with their mouths they speak arrogantly.
    [11] They track me down; now they surround me;
    they set their eyes to cast me to the ground.
    [12] They are like a lion eager to tear,
    as a young lion lurking in ambush.
    [13] Arise, O LORD! confront them, overthrow them!
    Deliver my life from the wicked by thy sword.

Anna Scott likes this.
  3. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

Thank you Consular. We need to pray hard.

Toma likes this.
  4. Toma

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    If anything in your life, family or church (;)) needs prayers, please don't be afraid to mention them Anna. This thread shall (hopefully) always stand as a place of healing, a quiet retreat garden in the turbulence of storms!

Whoever reads this, please pray for the Protestant Episcopal Church of the United States of America. They need it now. :)

5. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    If I can be selfish I'd really appreciate some prayer right now. i'm looking into a career change but there's several options and I',m not sure which I should go for. There's a lot of changes happening within the next couple of years for me, and I'm feeling the stress of it. Thanks

6. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    My church is encouraging prayers for the muslim world during this year's Ramadan (starting 20th July to 18th August)

http://www.30-days.net/ministry/aboutus/

I think it's a fantastic idea and I really hope we'll live to see a revival in the arab world

Also a friend is helping to organise a Christian outreach in Zahleh, Lebanon , so if you could pray that would bear fruit there that would be great! :)

Toma likes this.
  7. Toma

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Ok, so:

1. for SK's career, future, and alleviation of undue stress (deliver us from evil and keep us from all anxiety in the hope of the resurrection :))
    2. Prayers for the whole Muslim world
    3. Wow, prayers for a great new evangelist. It is a mission of God, so it will bear fruit! You have my own prayers for this one especially.

Scottish Knight likes this.
  8. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

I am in agreement with this prayer for Scottish Knight. +

9. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Just an update on the outreach in Zahleh: there's about 80 people who have started to attend the outreach, mostly from a nominal christian background, so hopefully many of these will be convicted of the truth of the gospel!

Also I'm a lot calmer about the future now, and just trusting God to make things work out :)

Thanks for all your prayers

Seeker, Adam Warlock and Toma like this.
  10. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    . duplicate

11. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
  12. Toma

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    SK, I am very glad that you remembered this thread. Hopefully some people have been remembering you, despite the sad state of this prayer-petition we have here. :p

Eighty... a nice little flock... let's pray that they get a human shepherd post-haste!

13. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Ok, another update, on Tuesday many people came up to give their lives to Christ at Zahleh, so pray that these people would grow as Christians

Also please pray for Aleppo, 50 percent of Syria's Christian population is found there, and they face a lot of uncertainty. Also pray for the rest of the population too in this war

Toma likes this.
  14. Toma

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican

Your mission is in my woefully inadequate prayers, when I remember!

It's easy to forget about the war and Aleppo's condition when you're in the comfortable west. Let us pray that it never comes here, that it is contained and ended by peace & good will in Syria, and that if it does come to the west, we may at least learn something from it.