Orthodox Episcopal Parishes

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by The Hackney Hub, Mar 2, 2012.

1. The Hackney Hub

The Hackney Hub Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    The Episcopal Church
    If you worship in an orthodox Episcopal parish, what is your parish and which diocese?

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
    Delmar, NY
    Diocese of Albany

In conjunction with the "Orthodox Episcopal Fellowship" I'd like to make a list of orthodox parishes to include in prayers.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The Cathedral Church of the Advent in the Diocese of Alabama is very orthodox.

3. Sean611

Sean611 Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    I know the dioceses of Albany, Central Florida, Western Louisiana, South Carolina, Springfield, and I think the diocese of the Rio Grande is orthodox as well. Those are the only orthodox dioceses I can think of off the top of my head, but i'm sure there are more. The dioceses of San Joaquin, Pittsburgh, and a few other orthodox dioceses left for the continuing Anglican movements. I would also guess that there are many "moderate" dioceses out there, but the trend in TEC is toward revisionist Christianity.

4. Sean611

Sean611 Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    Yes it is and I would add the diocese of Alabama to the orthodox list as well. I would like to also point out that these orthodox dioceses and parishes tend to be trending upwards as far as membership and financially. No doubt the Episcopal Church is being run and controlled by revisionists, however, there is still a rather large orthodox minority that has decided to stay. Unfortunately, the small revisionist dioceses have as big a say in what happens in the church as the much larger orthodox dioceses, one bishop one vote.

Rev. George Conger (Central Florida, co-host Anglicans Unscripted) pointed out that the polls in the Episcopal Church have shown a pretty even split between liberal and conservative and its been that way for a long time. However, the revisionists have taken control and advantage of the mechanisms of the church.