New ACNA Bishop of the Carolinas... What about Bishop Lawrence?

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by The Hackney Hub, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Please, once again, can you describe and give examples of "revisionists." I am not disagreeing with you--just trying to understand in my wrinkled old brain. Who are these revisionists, what are their concerns, what do they do, and how do they go about doing what they do.

...Scottish Monk

2. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    As we have discussed before, this touches on a major concern of mine. And that concern is the redrafting of a prayer book for the ACNA. Two weeks ago I sent e-mails to both the offices of our ACNA South Carolina Bishop and our Archbishop. The purpose of the emails was to find out the status of the ACNA Prayer Book. To date, the only word I have received is one of the two offices replied with an automated reply that it would take 7 days to respond to my original email. A voice from the pew--I do not like all of this jumping around on the Prayer Book issue in ACNA.

As regards the authority of the Bible, another comment from the pew is--I am frustrated by all of this jumping around on which English Version to use in the service lectionary readings. Pick one and go with it--from the top down!

...Scottish Monk

3. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Excellent points SM, I agree.

I especially note that the Jerusalem Declaration (which ACNA is mandated to pay attention to) explicitly endorses the 1662 BCP as normative: