My story

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Khater, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Khater

Khater Member

United States
    Religion:
    Traditional Catholic-SSPX
    Hi
    I'm currently a 16 year old Junior at a Catholic, all-male high school. I was raised in a Muslim family. However, when I was 12 years old, I began to question Islam. From there, I went through 3 years of intensive study. I read the Bible, the Torah, the Koran, and the Book of Mormon. Through the grace of God I came to know Christ as my Lord and Savior a year ago. Since then, my life's been tough. My parents are conservative Muslims and strongly disapprove of what I'm doing.( they have attacked my faith and call me names) They don't let me attend church. ( I pray Morning and Evening Prayers through Cradle of Prayer) Another issue is that I attend a Roman Catholic high school. The education I receive is excellent, but some of the teachers are EXTREMELY traditional Catholics. They try very hard to convert Protestant students, and mock me for being a serious Protestant.( one exception is my 10th grade theology teacher. He is a strong Catholic, but very kind and tolerant. He sees Protestants as brothers in Christ) Then I have the stress that comes with following politics on a daily basis. I am VERY interested in politics( big Ron Paul fan) When I see the way Christianity is attacked and mocked today by the Left, it gives me great pain. With the combination of my Muslim family, the traditional Catholic teachers at my school, and the political situation, life is very stressful. I often wish I lived in 17th century England( I hate modern Liberal society) However, I pray a lot and this is very helpful. Theologically, I am a Reformed High Church Anglican. My theology is Calvinist( think Ian Paisley) , but I enjoy a high solemn liturgy( the ideal church for me would be Reformed theologically and high liturgically) As I said, my parents do not let me attend church. I joined this forum to interact with fellow Anglicans and brothers in Christ. I enjoy discussing theology and am looking forward to some great conversations!

2. RBrown

RBrown New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christianity
    Hello and welcome! We are glad you're here.

Lowly Layman and anglican74 like this.
  3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    What a beautiful story, dear brother in Christ. Life is surely stressful, I can sympathize with that. May you find rest and peace that passeth all understanding. In Jesus Christ our Lord, amen. :pray5:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    RBrown and Lowly Layman like this.
  4. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Khater! May God, who draws near to all who draw near to Him, richly bless your time here.

It sounds as though Our Lord is preparing you for great things. Great tests lead to even greater testimonies. Therefore, "greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls."

I will pray for you, my brother. You are young and the journey you are trodding will be difficult at times, but you can take heart because the king of kings, the creator, redeemer, and preserver of the universe, walks with you every step of the way.

Keep in mind what St. Paul said to young Timothy, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

To be sure, you will be mocked, ridiculed, even persecuted for faith and love in Our Lord. Jesus promised just that. But he also promised you that such things are causes for dancing not discouragement; for great is your reward in heaven. Trust in God with all your heart and cry out to him in your day of trouble and HE WILL rescue you.

I look forward to hearing more from you here, I think your perspective is sorely needed.

May God bless you in all you do!

Swordswoman, Andy and RBrown like this.
  5. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Happy Anglican
    khater,

I will pray for you, your family and your teachers. Life is stressful, lean upon Christ. He will give you peace and comfort.

Fr. Mark

Lowly Layman likes this.
  6. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome to our forum Khater. All I can say is be steadfast in prayer yet be weary of being disrespectful to your parents. That is the first mistake that teenagers make when they find a new faith. Be the light in your own home. All things will work out in God's time.

Peace be with you!

Andy and Lowly Layman like this.