My Message Sent to Justin Welby

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by ICHTHUS, Feb 14, 2018.

1. ICHTHUS

ICHTHUS New Member

England
    Religion:
    Evangelical Christian
    Dear Mr Welby, as you are the "leader" of the Church of England, which is supposed to be a faith that is based on the Holy Bible, as the Infallible, Inerrant and completely Trustworthy Word of Almighty God. Can you please show us from the Holy Bible, exactly where it gives you the right to marry prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who is a divorced woman? Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, and therefore the Highest Authority, said very clearly, "And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery" (Matthew 19:9). The great Apostle Paul, likewise says also very clearly, "For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress." (Romans 7:2-3). It is very clear from these Scripture passages, that there are NO Biblical grounds, and therefore, not Biblical Authority, for you or anyone else to join these two as man and wife. If I am wrong in what I say, then please feel free to show me from the Holy Bible.

Shane R and anglican74 like this.
  2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Amen! Thank you!

ICHTHUS likes this.