Moved to Seattle!

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Anne, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Anne

Anne Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic
    Hello dear people,

Been a long time since I posted! Life has been complicated and now it isn't so much so. I'm living in the greater Seattle area and for the first time ever I get to visit a OCA church!

http://www.saintspiridon.org/

Several years ago I seriously considered "becoming Orthodox" but found too many compelling reasons in the continuing Anglican communion .....that and there simply wasn't an OCA option near me at the time. I am so excited. I'll do everything wrong but get to meet some wonderful people!

I'm hoping to make St. Bartholomew's my new home:
    http://www.st-bartholomews.org/

It's been terribly hard moving half way across the country (I've done it four times now....please never again), and even harder leaving church families behind. If anyone's here in Seattle I would love to meet up!

anglican74, Christina, Aidan and 3 others like this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Wonderful news!!

May God grant you your desires of your heart, and fulfill all your plans. (Psalm 20)

Anne likes this.
  3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    So glad to hear that you've found an Anglican home in Seattle! We missed you on here!

Lowly Layman and Anne like this.
  4. Anne

Anne Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic
    I have missed being here! I have so many questions and things to talk about, hopefully have some time soon to contribute more often!

Lowly Layman likes this.
  5. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    I pray Anne that this is your last move. Unless of course God wills otherwise

Anne likes this.
  6. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

Anne,

Glad to hear you a doing well. I've not been on here much either, but it's still nice to come back and see it's still here :)

I've also struggled between following the Anglican and Orthodox churches. I see beauty and value in both of them. I attend evening Vespers at a local Orthodox church some Saturdays which is a great way to connect with the community there. But, feel much more at home with the Anglican tradition.

Hope everything goes well at your new church home!

Anne and Christina like this.