Married to a Catholic, need some advice

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by Brian82, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Brian82

Brian82 New Member

England
    I am married to a Catholic, we wasn’t married in a Catholic Church. I am not Catholic and was never baptised in the Anglican Church but was brought up in the Anglican Church but it was my parents opinion that it should be my choice to be baptised.

I was wondering if I would need my marriage blessing if I was to be baptised in the Anglican Church, I would expect it would be if we both was baptised in the Anglican Church. Would it be the same with us both being from different denominations??????

2. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Perhaps this will be of assistance:

http://www.theinterfaithobserver.or...ate-interfaith-marriage-in-the-church-of.html

Brian82 likes this.
  3. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    There are several things going on in your question.

First, where were you married?

Second, there is no individual Anglican Church but a communion (group) of churches called Anglican. It says your country is England so I shall infer you refer to the Church of England. Could you confirm this?

If you've never been baptised and want to be you should get in touch with your local parish priest. Depending on your parish he will be called rector or vicar. If you go to the website A Church Near You https://www.achurchnearyou.com/ and put your postcode in it'll tell you which parish you're in.

You said your husband is a Catholic which implies he was baptised in the Catholic Church. You can only be baptised once. He can be received into the Church of England but not baptised. To arrange this, like with your baptism, contact the rector/vicar of your parish.

JoeLaughon likes this.