Hullo!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Irish Heart, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Irish Heart

Irish Heart New Member

The States
    Religion:
    Confused
    Trying to keep this succinct...if I explained as much as I wanted to, I'd be here forever. :laugh:

=====

I'll introduce myself by saying I'm...what shall I call myself? You can call me Delanie, if you like. (I already use the name "Delanie Aubusson" as a username in another forum, so why not?) I'm seventh generation American on both sides--my father's is completely German and I'm Irish, English and Scots on my mother's. (Supposedly, there's Dutch on my mother's side, too, but I have yet to find it.)

I was born Catholic, have been some sort of Pagan since the age of eleven (I'll be twenty-nine in January) and am now thinking of going back to Christianity, the reasons for which I'll explain later. (Should I go that way, that is.) Although I could go with any of the denominations (and certainly would explore, were it not for the unspoken reasons), I chose Anglican because it's like Catholicism, only...with velcro. :D (A play on the term "straightlaced".) (Oh and even though I realize it's called "Episcopalianism" in this country, "Anglican" sounds prettier and is less of a mouthful!)

~*~​

Do feel free to stuff my mind with facts and interesting tidbits...I'm an eternal scholar and will eat it all up.

Here's a starter: the Archbishop of Canterbury's birthday is the day before mine. (But I'm thirty years and one day younger. :) )

Paddry and Scottish Monk like this.
  2. Classical Anglican

Classical Anglican Active Member Anglican

U.K.
    Religion:
    Church of England
    A most warm welcome to you, Delanie! Very, very pleased to have you here. I was a rabbid atheist for most of my life (mid-30s), but have always considered myself a seeker of truth. I am always happy to see the fire of curiosity in others!

As a point of introduction to the Anglican faith, I most earnestly encourage you to read Bishop Jewel's Apology for the Church of England, which you will find at the top of the main site here: http://www.anglican.net.

If you're really ambitious, go through the catechism, and plow through all of the rest of those texts linked there. You'll see that they are beautifully reproduced in classic typeset font, with a floating table of contents. Even sketches are digitally reproduced!

Welcome again--I pray we can satisfy your exploration of our wonderful, rich faith!

Scottish Monk and Irish Heart like this.
  3. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Welcome Irish Heart!

Irish Heart likes this.