Hi from AZ USA

Discussion in 'New Members' started by KateOG, Jul 22, 2014.

1. KateOG

KateOG New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Hello, my name is Kate, from the southwestern USA in Arizona. I'm learning a lot from reading these posts. Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to attend an Anglican service at a local ACNA church in Tempe--and really enjoyed it. I would appreciate reading suggestions--I'm hoping to soon obtain a copy of the 1928 BCP and Celebrate Anglicanism, by Bud Davis. Any other suggestions for someone who is just learning? Thanks in advance and God bless!
    In Christ,
    Kate

JJD and Lowly Layman like this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Kate! May God bless your time here.

I would highly recommend the historical resources available on this site, especially John Jewel's Apology. Project Canterbury is also a great website. And lastly, since you enjoy worshipping in the 1928 style, try www.commonprayer.org I wish well in your endeavors.

KateOG likes this.
  3. highchurchman

highchurchman Well-Known Member Anglican

Britain
    Religion:
    Anglican/Catholic
    Dear Lady,
    A late but wholehearted welcome to you!

John.

4. Pecanpie

Pecanpie New Member

US
    Religion:
    New Anglican
    Welcome, Kate! :tiphat:It is nice to have you here. Congratulations on attending an Anglican parish. It is a wonderful experience. I second Lowly Layman's recommendation of John Jewel's Apology. In it you will discover Classical Anglicanism if that is what you are leaning towards. :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  5. KateOG

KateOG New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and the reading suggestions. I've bookmarked what I can find so far for future reading. Project Canterbury looks like a great website.