Hello, glad I found this forum

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mark, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Happy Anglican
    Hello,

I happened across this forum while searching for Anglican Forums via google.

I am an Anglican Priest who converted to Rome and awaiting final approval for ordination. Discerning
    returning to being a Catholic-Anglican vice a Catholic-Roman. I have looked over this site and like
    the attitude and atmosphere. Much different than most forums, especially Catholic Answers.

Pray you will not be bothered by a wayward son looking for the way home.

Blessings to all,

Mark

Anne, Spherelink and anglican74 like this.
  2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Hello there! Happy to see a churchman.

May I ask what in particular has been driving you away from Rome?

3. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Happy Anglican
    Lack of pastoral care, lack of teaching of the faith and no desire to teach, priest out of touch with laity and not caring. Lack of belief in the
    the Real Presence of our Lord in the Eucharist, blind obedience to Rome. Listening to priest tell the laity the scriptures are make believe, historically
    inaccurate, not really written by whom you think. Canons of the the Church are mere suggestions. All religions worship the same god....scripture
    states otherwise, must believe man made dogmas (Marian) to be good Christian/Catholic.

Social justice trumps the Word of God and the God made flesh. Bishops embracing immigration, opposition to the death penalty and forcing
    you to support that position when the canons and catechism teaches the opposite.

The liturgy....banal and so this worldly. Communion is more with each other and the Pope than about God. No preaching of the Gospel, just
    you feel good sermons. My first Easter in my priest asked my input.....after the sermon he admitted after 25 years as a priest this was the first
    time (and last) he would preach about hell.

Embracing of the homosexual lifestyle. Lip service to pro-life causes. Catholic Sharing Appeal quietly funding pro abortion groups.

Then I was called to the Bishops office and grilled about my beliefs. They were fearful I would only be a priest for some as my orthodox
    beliefs limited me. I was compared to a radical muslim as my wife and daughter veil. Also I and they were too reverent in the sanctuary.
    Well my wife and kids refuse to enter the Holy place as they are not priest. So I do not know where they (bishop) came up with that. I also
    trained the altar servers, until recently. They were too reverent etc. I made them dress appropriately, act as though Jesus was present,
    encourage communion on the tongue instead of self communion. Made them pay attention instead of looking bored. I was told I was too
    hard on them. My oldest son when from Anglican Altar boy to Roman. The priest made fun of his reverence during Mass.

I could go on, but this is starting to depress me.

I got my Master of Theology from a Jesuit College/Seminary. My then Anglican Bishop thought I was too protestant and suggested I finish
    my degree there. I did.

What moved be to Roman was the appeal of Pope Benedict. Looked good on paper, but my orthodoxy ran afoul of the former TECers but in
    charge and the Cardinal who supervised it. I am a former Marine, so hard head. Went pastoral provision.

I think God put me through this to purge me and use me. For what I am still praying.

I went to my first Anglican Mass in years prior to Easter. Small parish. My soul sang. It has not done so in the years I have been Roman.
    My youngest children do not remember an Anglican Mass. They liked it. My oldest refuses to go back to Rome. My two middle (I have
    5 kids) rather go anywhere but back to a Roman parish.

So pray for me. I am contacting my former Anglican Bishop to see if he is open to me reconciling with him.

Probably more that you thought you would get from me. Sorry, the flood gate just opened.

Mark

4. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    Welcome mark, I wish that I'd have more time to be on this site more often but it was truly inspiring and encouraging to have read your message. I feel like with someone of your bravery and courage of orthodoxy, plus a Marine to boot, well the Church could not have a more perfect soldier for The Lord.

Hoorah!