Good morning all...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Paul Dean, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Paul Dean

Paul Dean New Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Hi, I'm a traditional Anglican worshipping in the Church of England in an 11th century church in Bristol, England. I lean towards Anglo-Catholicism, but fall short of being an out and out papist. I'm one of those who has trouble being described as Protestant and firmly believe that our via media strikes the best balance between two error-ridden extremes. In my time (I'm 62) I've tried to worship at Non-Dominational, Pentecostal, and Reformed Baptist churches, sometimes for years on end, but never felt comfortable.

I discovered these forums by accident last night and hope to be a productive guest here. I'll change my profile picture once people have got used to the horrors it presents, just so you can put a face to the name, which as you can see is Paul.

Many thanks.

Christina, Peteprint, Ide and 4 others like this.
  2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome among us Paul. I have found this to be one of the kindest and most respectful places on the internet. I was asked recently to describe where I stood in terms of Anglicanism, in a kind of threatening kind of way, and I was kind of glad to suggest that I was a 39 Articles kind of Anglican, who understood the Elizabethan Settlement and the importance of the Chicago-Lambeth Quadrilateral. That will have left them some work to do on Google. In reality I am an Eastern leaning Anglican.

3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  4. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

Welcome Paul!

Glad to find another Anglo-Catholic leaning person here. In my neck of the woods it's hard to find a church that is facing that way, so I mostly chat with people online of the same mind-set.

I have found this community to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

Paul Dean likes this.
  5. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Hello Paul!

6. Paul Dean

Paul Dean New Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

7. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard! May God richly bless your time here.

Paul Dean likes this.
  8. Christina

Christina Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican;Eastern Orthodox
    Hi Paul and welcome. I attend an Anglo Catholic, Church of England Church and, like Philip, would describe myself as an Eastern leaning Anglican. Hope you enjoy the discussions here.

Paul Dean likes this.