Going home

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Aidan, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Thank you my sister, please remember me in your prayers , as I will you

Christina and Lowly Layman like this.
  2. Doctrine Matters

Doctrine Matters New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian - United Epis.
    I'm wondering why you have the words of a "false Christ," Baha'ullah included in your post? You know, "traditional" Roman Catholicism does have some drawbacks. Number one would be the tendency of ultra-traditionalists as seeing everybody else as going straight to hell because they reject Rome and the Pope. Let me say clearly that I'm not accusing you of this, but I had a friend who went into ultra-traditional Romanism through a similar group and turned on evangelical believers and especially Anglicans, with a bitterness and vengeance laced with mockery and meanness such as I've never encountered, even among non-Christian cultists.

Watch out for the cultism that sometimes accompanies these ultra-traditionalists, where the church, and not Jesus, becomes the object of worship. Remember, we are to worship God - and look to the Blood of Christ for our salvation. The Church, the Body of Christ, is composed of all those who have been born again by faith in Jesus (see first chapter of John). Therefore, love the Brethren wherever they may worship - for this is the command of Christ, that we love one another.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  3. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    That is quite a heavy response to a brother who is rejoicing for returning to Jesus.

4. Madeline

Madeline Well-Known Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I have to agree with Zim. Aidan is very kind, loving and supportive. He is open to God's leading, with humility, and I am so glad he has shared with us his journey with Christ. It enriches and encourages me.

I'm sorry to read, Doctrine, about your prior experience. I hope you will find more true Christian brotherhood here.

Aidan and Christina like this.