Forum Membership Suggestions

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Sean611, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Sean611

Sean611 Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    First of all, one of my favorite things about this forum is the general tone and unity of the members who post here. Some of us have theological and churchmanship disagreements, but not once has the discussion gotten out of control or come down to insults. As many of us already know, many Anglican/Christian forums are not very friendly and there is very little unity on anything. Generally, a handful of rude members are given free reign to insult and say and do as they please, ruining the experience for everybody. Often times, I have felt more at home on Catholic Answers than on many other Christian forums (with the exception of this forum).

Maybe there are already measures to prevent such people from harming the unity of this forum, but I would suggest that, as this forum continues to grow, we strive to ensure that the discussions remain civil. If a person joins this forum and starts insulting all who disagree with them or their goal tends to be causing strain, perhaps members like this should be warned and then suspended or banned if they continue? Obviously, a forum where issues are discussed and people are allowed to disagree is far more interesting than a bunch of people saying "yes" to everything. However, there is a point when it goes from "friendly disagreement" to "crossing the line" into personal attacks. This forum does not have this problem, but as this forum grows, these issues are likely to come up at some point.

Again, may there are measures to prevent this, but I just thought i'd bring it up. :)

Adam Warlock and Anna Scott like this.
  2. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

Sean,
    I agree 100%. This forum is unusual in its respectful tone. There is diversity in the beliefs of Anglicanism, but that is no reason to disrespect or bully those who disagree with us.

Sean, since we both post on the same three forum, I know exactly what you are talking about.

I pray this forum will grow and continue demonstrating the love of Christ. :)

Peace and blessings to all,
    Anna

Adam Warlock likes this.
  3. Sean611

Sean611 Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    My main concern is that this forum stays Anglican (since we are an Anglican forum) and doesn't turn into a free-for-all like most other Christian forums.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

That is the main purpose of the forums.

5. Anna Scott

I am so glad to hear you say this; because we need this safe place for respectful discussion and mutual support.

Grateful,
    Anna

6. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    Great idea....

7. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Well, I hope this forum will always have room for a friendly baptist :D

If it comes to it, I can pretend to be anglican :p

8. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    One of my best buddies is a Baptist and very fine fellow indeed... :)

Scottish Knight likes this.
  9. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. You're part of the family. :D

Scottish Knight likes this.
  10. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    That's the key I think. Reasonable discussion instead of argument. I can't understnd those people who fall out with someone over different viewpoints

11. Anna Scott

Scottish,
    Actually, I thought you were Anglican. It was your post about not seeing Mary as "Mother of God," that gave away your Baptistness (I realize that's not a word, but you know what I mean.)

I've actually joked on CAF (Catholic Answers Forum) about the possibility of hearing something so often, you begin to believe it. I gave the example of my son asking his dad for a bike:

When my son was in grade school, he was into doing stunts on his bike. He was a little daredevil (so difficult for Moms-especially when he would come home with dents in his helmet). My son wanted a particular stunt bike. His dad was overseas at the time. Every time my son talked with his dad, he told him he really needed this new bike. His dad kept saying no; but my son never gave up. When his dad returned to the states, he bought the bike. I was rather surprised. When I asked him why, he said, "I heard I was buying the bike so many times I finally believed it."

So, watch out Scottish, if you stick around long enough, you may end up Anglican. lol :p

Anna

12. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Oh no! I'll need to make sure I fill up my free time reading lots of Gill and Spurgeon then :p

13. Anna Scott

Yes. Best to get on it right away. lol

Anna