Finding classic and historical Anglican writings

Discussion in 'Theology and Doctrine' started by Kent Sanner, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Kent Sanner

Kent Sanner New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    Hello everybody,

I’m curious where others go to find classic and historical Anglican works. I’m aware of a number of outlets but certainly not all. I’d like to take the opportunity to share what I know, and hopefully get some insight from the members here at Anglican Forums.

Full disclosure: I’m a member of the marketing department at Logos Bible Software. A few questions I have:

-Where do you go to find classic Anglican content, both digital and print?

-We frequent Internet Archive, Google Books, CCEL, and Project Gutenberg to name a few.

-What are pros/cons of these outlets (IYO)?

-If you were discussing this with a close friends, where would you recommend they go to find classic Anglican resources?

For those of you who don’t know, you can find all Logos’ most recent classic reproductions in our Community Pricing program. With our reproductions, you get top-of-the-line quality control, original language definitions and word study, links from every Scripture reference to the full verse, and other inter-textual interactions.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply, I look forward to discussing this further!

-Kent

2. highchurchman

highchurchman Well-Known Member Anglican

Britain
    Religion:
    Anglican/Catholic
    -If you were discussing this with a close friends, where would you recommend they go to find classic Anglican resources?

Project Canterbury.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  3. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

i agree with HC and would also tell my friends to use google books.

4. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

5. highchurchman

highchurchman Well-Known Member Anglican

Britain
    Religion:
    Anglican/Catholic
    The outlets you mention above are well worth searching, but what kind of books are you searching for, Google Books have Colliers Ecclesiastical Historie some 8 or 9 volumes, each vol about 600 pages thick. They have
    e Bingham's Origines Ecclesatices some 10 vols. As well as as all the Fathers of the later reformation, There is a little Book of Mary that was written by Sparrow. Heylin's publication on the English Reformation. C.B.Moss has several books there on offer including his offering on the Seven Councils.