Extreme buffeting

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Religious Fanatic, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    I've had bouts of spiritual and mental assaults lately. I have a vivid memory and am recalling in detail a lot of embarrassing and hurtful things I've been told or said to people, mainly other Christians and other faiths, when trying to witness. It's been to the point where I've been unwilling to do much. I take medications for mental problems, and am trying to stay on track, but sometimes these hurtful thoughts keep pummeling me and putting strain on my mind. I often feel I have to relive those memories and find a solution, possibly a memory that it was resolved in a way that makes me feel relief, or that I can reimagine myself in that situation as to what I should've said to refute things they've said that still hurt or bother me, to feel a sense of victory. I am mostly over a few, but there's one that keeps jabbing at me. I am really in need of support. Please keep me in your prayers.

2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Friend, you are in my prayers. Are you getting appropriate medical help which you need?

3. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    For the most part, I don't need it now, but I still need spiritual encouragement. Thank you for your prayers.

4. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

Friend, I will pray for you. Such periods of malaise and confusion are difficult. One thing I can recommend that profoundly helped my spiritual journey was going to confession to a priest. I know that some in the Anglican tradition may not see it as a requirement, but I was also struggling with past sins which were painful. I believe that it was the Holy Spirit's guidance which led me to confession and it is truly a sacrament. It gave such a relief and rest for my sins and truly put me at ease. Though the memories are still painful, I no longer have doubts about God's mercy and love since confessing.

Aidan likes this.
  5. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Lord may our brother receive your healing mercy. Amen