Do you pray the Anglican Rosary?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Resources' started by Anna Scott, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Do you pray the Anglican Rosary?

1. No: I don't believe in praying a Rosary.

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No: Other reasons.

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Yes: The Rosary is helpful to my prayer life.

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Yes: Other reasons.

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. I would consider praying the Anglican Rosary.

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  6. I would not consider praying the Anglican Rosary.

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lux Christi

Lux Christi Active Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican (Anglo-Catholic)
    I don't pray the Anglican Rosary as much as I do with the Dominican one. I prefer the latter simply because my parish endorses it!

2. CatholicAnglican

CatholicAnglican Active Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Traditional Catholic
    I also use the Dominican Rosary with prayers in Elizabethan BCP style. But I do not use the Luminous mysteries as I believe they are an unnecessary innovation. The original Psalter did'nt have 200 Psalms, right?

3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    APA
    I started praying the Catholic rosary recently. I have found it to be very meaningful, and I don't see the prayers as being non-Orthodox. I know some Catholic converts to Orthodoxy who still pray the rosary. Of course I still have my prayer rope to use with the Jesus Prayer.

P.S. I found a site where you can pray the rosary with others online at the same time or by yourself. A priest leads the prayers (recorded of course, not live):
    http://www.comepraytherosary.org/

Alkayus and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. Lux Christi

Lux Christi Active Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican (Anglo-Catholic)
    I am not a fan of much of modernistic liturgies, but the Luminous Mysteries are actually quite beautiful, and I find them helpful in my own spiritual life. Plus, I suppose that Ordinary Time is one of my more relishable seasons of the Christian year. They sequence rather beautifully to me, from Joyful, to Luminous, to Sorrowful, to Glorious.

5. zimkhitha

zimkhitha Active Member

south africa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I've grown accustomed to the RCC Rosary. A friend gifted me with an Anglican Rosary. I still need to learn the prayers then I will give it a go. My prayer life is more disciplined when using prayer aids like the Rosary.

Madeline likes this.
  6. nkygreg

nkygreg Member

USA
    Religion:
    Franciscan Order
    :crosssign2:

7. CWJ

CWJ Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Old thread, but after reading through it I thought I'd contribute a bit.
    I used to pray the Catholic rosary. I was attending an independent (non-Papal) Catholic church and the spirituality was essentially the same, minus the pope :)

Now however, being quite drawn to the Anglican Tradition, I discovered their own prayer beads. I purchased some wooden beads of various sizes, and some cotton and hemp cords from craft stores. I've always loved crafts and woodwork so I made my own prayer beads based on this design: http://kingofpeace.org/prayerbeads/trisagion.htm
    And I use those prayers as well. I do not generally pray directly to the Saints (such as in the Hail Mary prayer), so I like the Trinity focused and Christ centered prayers shown on many Anglican sites about prayer beads (Trisagion, the EO Jesus prayer, Our Father, etc). Also as others have mentioned the Anglican beads can be adapted to many types of prayers per bead.

It's just another way to enrich my devotionals, certainly not necessary or anything like that.
    Blessings to all.

Madeline, nkygreg and Andy like this.
  8. Loussa

Loussa New Member

USA