Do you have to have your anglican beads consecrated?

Discussion in 'Questions about Anglicanism' started by Alina, May 21, 2018.

1. Alina

Alina New Member

대한민국
    I recently received an Anglican Rosary from my friend, who researched some up on the internet. (She isnt Anglican).

I know that for Catholics you would have to go to the priest and get the Rosary consecrated(blessed). For Anglican beads would that be a must as well? Or would it be okay for me to just pray with the help of these beads?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. DouayJamesGeneva

DouayJamesGeneva Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Protestant
    I used the Anglican rosary and there is no consecration required. There are no specific prayers for it such as 'Hail Mary', but it is common for people to recite traditional prayers on it such as the Jesus Prayer, the Trisagion, and of course, The Lord's Prayer. The good thing about it is that it can be adapted to all sorts of prayers.

3. Alina

Alina New Member

대한민국
    Thanks so much regarding the info! I did some research and I found that using bible verses that I wish to pray on can be used for the "week", which I thought would be great, considering that sometimes I find a bible verse so touching to my situation that I repeat it over and over again and meditate on it.

I though using the Anglican beads would maximize my prayers and meditation, but I had been worried because my Catholic friend kept on saying that it is against the church to pray a rosary without getting it blessed by a priest..

Thanks for the information! So I guess I can pray with the help of it without further blessings from the priest..!

4. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Reformed High Anglican
    The Anglican prayer beads/rosary is a new innovation/reclamation so there doesn't seem to be any requirement.