David Virtue, checking in

Discussion in 'New Members' started by David Virtue, Oct 23, 2017.

1. David Virtue

David Virtue New Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    Hello all, I am privileged to be a part of this community. You may have heard of me as the Anglican journalist that runs the Anglican news and commentary website, Virtue Online.

What an incredible time to live in as Anglican! VirtueOnline has been in the trenches for the last 20 years, and many of you have been there right along with me. The crisis in the Western churches obscure the incredible growth of the Anglican Communion worldwide. The strength of orthodoxy has never been as clear in my lifetime at least, than at this present moment.

As the Communion moves into future, VirtueOnline intends to be there on the front lines, championing the Gospel and issues that matter, endeavouring to bring you even better news and analysis.

To do that, we have a lot at VOL that needs revamping: we don't live on social media (at all!), many of our VOL sections no longer bring value to you, my audience, and website must be refreshed and overhauled (as many of you have told me!).

To do all we're called to do, I will be running a Crowd Fund Campaign. We are diving into the future, head first!

The launch date will be OCTOBER 30th.

The future depends on what we do right now. I hope you will join me!!

Official announcement: http://virtueonline.org/crowdfund-campaign-virtueonline

2. Ide

Ide Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Christian
    David- welcome, glad to have you here. As someone new to the Anglican faith (and still searching for a church home) I want to thank you for VOL. It's been a big help in unpacking many of the events going on. It's hard not to feel conflicted about the direction of the Anglican communion, but knowing that there are traditional, orthodox Christians working to help guide the church is encouraging.

David Virtue likes this.
  3. David Virtue

David Virtue New Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    Thank you! I am also greatly encouraged to see the work at VOL strengthening the faith and the resolve of faithful Christians. As to your point about the direction of the Anglican communion, I write this in my crowdfund appeal:
    Then I offer a bit of self-criticism, in that we all as a collective body of the faithful are far from doing what we must, and what we can, for the Lord has given us all the tools, and it is merely our weakness that has not always picked them up. I write this about VOL:
    We can all do more, stay the course stronger, contend harder, love more deeply, have faith more firmly. The opportunities for Christian saintliness are many in the world as it is emerging, looking into 2018, 2020, and 2024.

Peace and blessings,