Cute gay marriages?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Truth, and Ethics' started by BibleHoarder, Jan 25, 2018.

1. BibleHoarder

BibleHoarder Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    I have been thinking about this recently, so I have to ask:

Do you think the acceptance of gay marriage is reasonable so long as the marriage itself is cute? In other words, if a gay or lesbian couple came to you wearing bow-ties that are twice the size of their head, would you consider performing it for them if you were a priest? I would find that, or the two joining hands while holding a life-sized teddy bear to be irresistible, and I'm sure something that innocent would certainly be seen as permissible in the eyes of God, on that basis alone.

2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    DJG are you serious?

Tuxedo America and Anglican04 like this.
  3. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    American Anglican
    :hmm::no:

Tuxedo America and Anglican04 like this.
  4. Anglican04

Anglican04 Active Member Anglican

Sin is appealing, and in a sense cute. It is never an excuse to fall into sin because it looked so "innocent". If I were a priest (which I might be) I would never bless a gay couple's marriage or marry them. I would be 1. Sinning through my work 2. Supporting the sin and encouraging them to sin and 3. making a fool of myself.

What kind of evidence do you have to support this? It's sin pure and simple, God doesn't allow sin because it is "cute". It's repulsive and disgusting, we should hate it with all of our heart because Christ calls us to hate sin while loving the sinner.

If I were a priest, I would invite them to discuss some scripture, church father writings, and their relationship. No, gay marriage is never acceptable.

anglican74 and Aidan like this.
  5. BibleHoarder

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    No, it's just here for the humor. :clap::laugh:

6. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    It's not really a subject for levity, not when souls are at stake!

Anglican04 likes this.
  7. BibleHoarder

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    I'm not really defending it, but simply doing some tongue-in-cheek satire on the absurdity of some arguments used to excuse sins like this. ;)

Anglican04 likes this.
  8. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    What is wrong with you

Oh thank God

Anglican04 likes this.
  9. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Somehow I don't think the heavenly bridegroom would find it amusing. This is indeed an Anglican forum and many don't hold with Marian apparitions, but by your leave I feel it important to say that Our Lady forecast to the children of Fatima that the antiChrist will attack the family. What greater affront is there to the sacrament of marriage than the abomination of homosexual people parodying that holy sacrament?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Anglican04 likes this.
  10. Tuxedo America

Tuxedo America Member

United States
    Religion:
    Latin Rite Catholic
  11. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

Newfoundland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Sadly enough the Church has re-defined many things on the basis of it being cute, but evil never is ugly. If evil WERE ugly, no one would ever have committed it. Eve wasn't offered a sour fruit with promises of a miserable life, however a sweet fruit offering knowledge. But she was accursed then, as was human nature, for her and Adam's sin. And so, evil is like this. Unfortunately, the modern church has lost its ability to discern between the sweet and the sour, often choosing the sour and expecting the sweet. Really they bite the apple, and lose its souls.

Aidan and Anglican04 like this.
  12. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    We are all aware that Satan will appear on earth before Christs second coming. Ask anyone what they think he will look like and most would suggest that he will be an evil megalomaniac spreading horror and destruction. However it's much more probable that he will appear as a very trustworthy person, doing great acts of apparent charity and performing miracles while "praising" God

13. ICHTHUS

ICHTHUS New Member

England
    Religion:
    Evangelical Christian
    • Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
    • Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
    • 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
    • Romans 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
    In the passage from Paul's Letter to the Church at Rome, he uses the word "natural" for the sexual relations of men and women. The Greek word that Paul uses, is, "φυσικός", which literally means, "natural, produced or caused by nature, inborn". This means, that God has made sure that EVERY human that is ever born, as the "inbuilt" desire from the womb, for the opposite sex! If Homosexuality is something that a person can be born with, then there is no way would the Holy Bible, which is the Highest Authority for all, regard it as sinful and wrong with God. We are not to be concerned with the changing views of the wicked and Godless world that we live in, but get our understanding from God's Most Holy and Infallible Word, the Holy Bible.

anglican74 likes this.
  14. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)