BREAKING: Primate of Kenya and Chair of GAFCON Primates’ Council Publicly Criticises ABC

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Celtic1, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    I would like you to clarify how the creed is the church's foundation when nobody is is required to give it a second thought. What do you mean when you describe the creeds as foundational?

2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

It is also a moral duty. Some churches do not require it but that does not relieve one of their moral duty to receive the sacrament, regardless of the church's teaching on the matter. Btw what bible translation do you use? The kj version of Romans 5:8 says, " But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." That's very different from what I read in your version.

3. Ogygopsis

Ogygopsis Active Member

4. Celtic1

Celtic1 Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Celtic Christian

You might have looked up Old Catholics, but there are as many varieties of them as there are Anglicans, and some OC jurisdictions have departed the faith, just as some Anglican jurisdictions have.

I take issue with your false insinuation that my position represents a narrow view. My views are as broad as the Bible and as narrow as same. And your charge that I am or would condemn and stone is an insult. Jesus defended the woman caught in adultery and prevented her from being stoned; He also told her to go and sin no more. That is the difference between you and me and our views. You and I agree with Jesus about not condemning people who sin; you do not agree with Him about the "go and sin no more" part. Of course the problem is the refusal to admit that homosexual acts are sinful, as the Bible says.

My denomination? You know nothing about it; your characterization is wildly inaccurate.

Oh, yes, I can accept that we are not going to agree. To each his own then -- even though that would be a mantra more fitting for you.