Bishop Says No to Women Priests at Diocesan Convention [VirtueOnline]

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by World Press, May 9, 2017.

1. World Press

World Press Active Member

BINGHAMTON, NY: CANA Bishop Says No to Women Priests at Diocesan Convention

dobbs.jpg
    BINGHAMTON, NY: CANA Bishop Says No to Women Priests at Diocesan Convention
    Complementarian view upholds women as vocational deacons. Only men may serve as presbyters or priests, says Bishop Julian Dobbs at Reformation 500 Synod
    The Episcopal Church is not true Anglicanism," said ACNA archbishop Foley Beach

By David W. Virtue in Binghamton, NY
    www.virtueonline.org
    May 8, 2017

The Bishop of the Missionary Diocese of CANA East told some 250 delegates to his Synod 2017 that he will never ordain a woman to the priesthood based on his complementarian views regarding ordination.

"I believe that the concept of male-female complementarity can be seen from Genesis through Revelation, and describes someone who ascribes to the historic, biblical position that male and female are equal but different," said Bishop Julian Dobbs.

He said the bishops of the Anglican Church in North America are still wrestling with Scripture regarding Holy Orders and women in the presbyterate, but his diocese, which is also linked jurisdictionally with the Anglican Province of Nigeria, will only recognize women as vocational deacons.

"Let me tell you what complementarianism does not mean:
    It does not mean that women are inferior to men
    It does not mean that women are prohibited from ministry in the local church
    It does not mean that women must never teach the Bible
    It does not mean that men are to bark orders at women like a sergeant on a parade ground."

"Complementarianism does mean that the extraordinary gifts and ministry of women must be called forth, commissioned and valued in this diocese and in each of our 36 congregations, but not as ordained presbyters. I believe complementarianism is the most accurate and simple reading of the Bible surrounding this issue," he said.

Click here for the rest of the article:
    http://www.virtueonline.org/binghamton-ny-cana-bishop-says-no-women-priests-diocesan-convention

Lowly Layman, Aidan and alphaomega like this.