Awful Archbishop of Canterbury interview.

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by WilliamWalker, Oct 26, 2017.

1. WilliamWalker

WilliamWalker New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    High Church Anglican

This is the worst interview I have ever seen. The worst defense of the Anglican faith and going against the word of God. I am sickened. This man isn't Anglican, doesn't believe or have any morale. Why would anyone want to be Anglican, with this low energy person always saying he has doubts and troubles about God and Jesus. It is always very disheartening to see these people, who are meant to be the head of the Church never defend it and talk it down. He said the Anglican Church is Sunderland and the Catholic Church is Real Madrid, like we are nothing. He didn't have answers to very base questions about Anglican doctrine. I am angry, I just want someone with spirit to support my belief and the truth of Jesus, but they always just treat it like dirt, something they have to wash off themselves and Church.

Do watch the interview and tell me what you think. I am very upset and deflated by it. :( He also sinned in the interview by denying to the truth of God, by not answering if homo-sexual acts were sinful. Then said hating homo-seuxals is sinful. Why couldn't he just speak the truth, hating people who aren't evil is sinful, as are immoral sexual acts.

Rhys and anglican74 like this.
  2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I am with you 100%, and the Church worldwide is sickened by this. Thank God he isn't meant to be infallible like the Bishop of Rome, or we would be in real trouble! Our faith is not invalidated from the weakness of some of our shepherds. Remember the See of Canterbury is not our version of the Vatican; our seat of authority is dispersed among the several Provinces worldwide, like the Eastern Orthodox are. Thus every single Primate would have to deny faith like this in order for our faith to be in real trouble, and since the majority of the world's Primates are sickened by Canterbury's spineless near-apostasy, that gives us an indication that Welby is in a tiny minority, trying to cling to power like a sycophant as the secular mutants twist the CofE's knockers with their mafia tactics. The faith of England rests better in the hands of Bishop Gavin Ashenden, Bishop Nazir-Ali, and Bishop Andy Lines, than it does in the current institutions. The liberals have succeeded in subverting the English church institutions, and now comes the long and bloody process of re-evangelizing England once again from external sources. Stay strong my brother, cleave unto the faith and to the faithful shepherds; try to disentangle yourself from the current powers that be.

WilliamWalker likes this.
  3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    I was surprised to read that Archbishop Welby's spiritual director is a Roman Catholic priest, Fr Nicolas Buttet. My, how times have changed.

4. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I would prefer not to savage the AB of C over this interview. He was solid in his defence of the Virgin Birth (not something many Bishops in Australia are not heard doing often) and his quiet witness to faith and personal struggle, and that the difference that encountering God in Christ Jesus makes was real. Also remember that the interviewer is from the metrosexual magazine GQ, which may have some bearing on the way the Archbishop responded to the question rather than answering it point blank.

I didn't think that the purpose of the interview was a defence of the Anglican position, but rather of a meet the human who currently serves in the seat of Augustine, and in that sense I felt it was good, and +Justin came across with a level of humility and personal integrity, and in the process he gave an account of the hope that is within him.

I am not so much a Welby fan, however I have been more impressed with him than I thought I would be, and leading the Communion through the current maze of Anglicanism is a very difficult job. I personally think he needs more prayer and less criticism. That is not to suggest that we need to agree with the Archbishop in all things, and clearly I do not. I imagine some of you will want to tear me apart for this, but I still hope and pray that we can put Anglicanism back together again.