AnglicanTV

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Lowly Layman, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Do any of you here watch Anglican Unscripted on AnglicanTV on Youtube with any regularity?

Seems a little wonkish but Frs. Conger and Ashenden are very enjoyable.

Do you know if they lean to a particular (church) party or province?

2. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Kevin is an ACNA cheerleader. George likes to play the role of the last conservative holdout in TEC. He is a canon in the Diocese of Central Florida. As such, I cannot take him seriously as a conservative. I don't watch their podcast regularly anymore because ninety percent of what they discuss does not pertain to me. Both are very cool and ambivalent towards the Continuum.

3. Lowly Layman

That's sad. I LOVE the Continuum (especially ACC and APA) and think its one of the few things that keeps the ACNA honest and not just a clock re-set of the TEC.

My only complaint is that they don't have a presence nearby. Having a local faithful parish nearby is not a right but a great (and increasingly rare) privilege I have sadly discovered.

4. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    I didn't know about them, but I'll probably watch them now.

5. Lowly Layman

Why can't you take him seriously as a conservative?

6. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I get this vibe that it is a part he plays. Sure, he has sheltered himself in the most conservative remaining TEC diocese, but some of the things he says don't mesh with some of the things he does. Not to dive into the interwebs Anglican wars too much, but there is a bit of a feud between Kallsen/Conger and David Virtue and his lap dogs. Part of it is because Conger is sort of unbelievable. Many, me included, struggle with how someone cannot just remain in TEC but be promoted to a diocesan position and still be credible as a conservative. One wonders how rich the cheques are.

7. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    But I mean his bishop is Bishop Brewer who is orthodox. He doesn't need to compromise with his conscience in a diocese like that.