Anglican groups-Have I got this right?

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by AnglicanAgnostic, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. This from the guy who wagged his finger at me and said, "Are you God or that person you exclude with that judgement?"??

Where did all that self-righteous inclusivism go?

2. Rev2104

Rev2104 Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    I am really confused thou by the fact that people who think the church should strive to remain the same is hetrodox?

3. 7sacraments

7sacraments Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Liberal Anglo-Catholic
    The ACNA basically said though "we wish to remain ignorant and thus we will remove ourselves from your oversight, cause we don't think your idea of what constitues a believer is right" Which as hetrodox as thinking the Pope in this day and age is the antichrist, or that Jesus was made incarnate to save ALL mankind,regardless of we wish to believe or not.

Layman....I AM judgemental to the ACNA, but I am also, a flawed human being...like 100% of mankind...I am not Jesus...I make mistakes, I SIN. My feelings are born out of anger and judgementalism...and THAT is my struggle...which is another reason why I'm on this forum...to get over that with god's help.

But I will make mistake, and I will confess.....but I not afraid of making those mistakes either.

4. highchurchman

highchurchman Well-Known Member Anglican

Britain
    Religion:
    Anglican/Catholic
    +Dear Lowly, as Anglicans are no less than Catholic and hold to the Catholic Teaching of the Holy Catholic Church, I cannot believe there is such a thing as,'Independent Churches,'!
    In fact there is only one Church that is the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, the Body of Christ, if you are not in it, you are in a sect! To be a member, is to have received and accepted the revelation as writ large in scripture , (Jude's Ep.,) & triune baptism according to the accepted practice of the Church. When scripture points out that various apostles were agitated at reports concerning none -catholic bodies spreading scripture, (S.John.) Christ told them to leave them alone, ,'stay where I put you.'
    I suppose there has always been free lance endevours , that is between them & Christ, nevertheless, The Holy Ghost founded the One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church in the upper room in Jerusalem and it His Body. We however who have been baptised are called to be Catholics.
    The details of the Church were fixed at that time and somewhat later by the leadership of the Holy Ghost and the actions and guidance of the apostolic college through the Seven Ecumenical councils.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  5. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

i agree with you more or less. The quote you are referencing, if I recall correctly, was in regards to whether a church could survive outside of the English Established Church system, where the Church is increasingly asked to compromise its principles in order to fall in line with the government's increasingly unbiblical political agenda. In such a case, I think disestablishment would be a workable alternative.

6. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican

Yes AA I am from the Anglican Church of Australia - it is mind boggling how many Christian denominations have started in the USA - ooops don't agree with your interpretation of that passage off we go to start yet another group of our own. :)

Alas we are also guilty of that same thing here in Australia but not to same degree and mostly in the Pentecostal leanings.

7sacraments likes this.
  7. 7sacraments

7sacraments Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Liberal Anglo-Catholic
    That's how the proflieration of denominations started in the Reformation....the only thing in this day and age that makes it more cutting. Is the term these breakaway members have with their prior denomination. apostates,heretics, non-scriptoral....and the like.

give it 15 minutes and another church will spring up somewhere, more radicalized and more insular.

Gordon likes this.