A call to arms, to protect our children

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by Lowly Layman, May 29, 2017.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Friends,

It has increasingly become apparent to me that the prince of this present age has set his sights on young people, teenagers and twenty somethings. Suicide is the third and second highest cause of death for these groups respectively. Hopelessness abounds. And without a firm grounding in the gospel, it is easy to fall prey to the enemy's siren call of atheism, hedonism, and nihilism. One by one all of our institutions, both religious and secular, are coming under ridicule and derision. Western civilization has become disinterested in, hostile to, and disconnected from the Christian values and worldview that have long been its philosophical foundation and spiritual lifeblood, and so is in an ever escalating decline.

We must, for the sake of our children's lives and souls, take a stand. A bold stand. We must reassert ourselves in the culture and reignite the fire of the gospel in ourselves, our churches, and our communities. And we must pray. Pray as never before. This is no time for wall-flowers. The cost is too great.

2. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I preached on that very subject during the appropriate Sunday of Advent. I have personally known several people who committed suicide and others who have had attempts. It is as much or more a plague as the opioid epidemic -they are often hand in hand.

3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Amen brother! This is the time of the great resurgence in all of us tradition-minded Anglicans and Christians. The world is falling apart yet people are absolutely primed, ready, to hear the message and to heed the call.

Aidan, alphaomega and Lowly Layman like this.
  4. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    I'm no fan of the present Pope as you all know. However I agree with him that satans most dangerous act is to make so many believe that he doesn't exist