42 Articles?

Discussion in 'Anglican History' started by PotterMcKinney, May 29, 2017.

1. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    I have been looking everywhere for a text of the 42 Articles, but the only site anything links to has apparently been shut down. I can't imagine they've completely disappeared from the world wide web, but if they have it's a shame. Does anybody know where I can find them?

Jenkins likes this.
  2. JonahAF

JonahAF Moderator Staff Member Typist Anglican

If that's the case it is a shame, althouh I am confident that they can still be found out there somewhere.

In either case we are certainly hoping to permanently house them on this website in the future, if that's a project you'd be interested in taking on.

3. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    American Anglican
    Jenkins likes this.
  4. PotterMcKinney

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    Layman, you are a Godsend. Thank you very much.

JonahAF, I certainly would love to transcribe them. It's something I do for a lot of Anglican documents, actually, though I slowed my roll with the Homilies after I saw they were done here (in spelling, anyways; I usually edit for grammar as well). I don't have to do grammar on these, and seeing other documents on here I can definitely see just updating the spelling and formatting. Either way, I'd be happy to contribute in any way I can :D

5. JonahAF

Happy to hear that. When you have something, post it in an RTF document in a new thread, and we will put you into the Contributors category so that you can continue your work. One guideline as far as posting on this website is concerned, is that we are less interested in the archeological minutia of Middle English language and more in the readability and accessibility for a modern person. Thus although grammar may stay as it was, feel free to modernize the word endings and diphthongs.

PotterMcKinney likes this.
  6. PotterMcKinney

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    Awesome. It shouldn't take very long at all. Where do I post it?

7. JonahAF

Pick any forum area. Once posted it will be moved into the Contributors section.