What's your view of Freemasons

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by alvin, Dec 21, 2017.

1. alvin

alvin New Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglo Catholic
    Hi
    What is your view on Freemasonry?
    Anyone here a Freemason?
    I have interest in joining but there isn't really a stance that the Anglican communion have on this group.
    thank

2. Tuxedo America

Tuxedo America Member

United States
    Religion:
    Latin Rite Catholic
    I used to admire them. When I was in JROTC, I attended several of the same events that they did. They seemed to be good people. Now I seriously prefer to stay away from them. Freemasonry is incompatible with orthodox Christian faith.

realdocphil, Aidan and Anglican04 like this.
  3. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    What's JROTC?

4. Tuxedo America

Tuxedo America Member

United States
    Religion:
    Latin Rite Catholic
    It's pretty much a high school military prep program. If I remember correctly, if you were a member of the program and enlisted in any branch of the military, it allowed you to graduate boot camp/recruit training a rank ahead of those that weren't.

Lots of what we did was commumity service (marching in parades and the like), and Freemasons happened to be at a lot of these events.

Thomas Didymus likes this.
  5. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Thank you. I'm sure the masons were probably there somewhere

6. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    You Roman Catholics would probably be delighted to know of the Fatima Movement, who claim that the third secret of Fatima is that Mary is God, and God the Father is actually Satan. They are sedevecantists and believe that the modern papacy and claims of the Roman church are all a huge Masonic lie, and pray in the name of the Mother, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. You might find their claims of Sister Lucia being replaced amusing:
    http://www.fatima.org

realdocphil likes this.
  7. Tuxedo America

Tuxedo America Member

United States
    Religion:
    Latin Rite Catholic
    Mary's God, huh? I wonder how they feel about it taking 1900 years to get that very important detail?

Aidan and Anglican04 like this.
  8. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    My dear brother in Christ, my prayer for you is that The Christ Child may fill your heart with peace.

realdocphil and Anglican04 like this.
  9. Religious Fanatic

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thanks, but I should be fine. I am not trying to say that this is what Catholics teach at all, but simply showing it so we can laugh together at the absurdity of it all! :laugh:

realdocphil and DivineOfficeNerd like this.
  10. JayEhm

JayEhm Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Orthodox Protestant
    A lot, I mean a lot of Anglicans are in the Lodge.

realdocphil likes this.
  11. Anglican04

Anglican04 Active Member Anglican

Masons make me sick. I agree with everything the Roman Catholic say about them (from the documents which I have read). Anglicans need to take a stance on the Masons immediately.

realdocphil and Aidan like this.
  12. Anglican04

Anglican04 Active Member Anglican

NEVER ever join the lodge!!

The vast majority of its teachings stand in direct conflict with those of Christianity. Freemasonry refuses to promote one faith as being superior to any others, while at the same time it also uses religious-type rituals. As the Church of Scotland has said, there are "very real theological difficulties" with Anglicans being masons. The RC Saint Maximilian Kolbe speaks correcly when he says “These men without God find themselves in a tragic situation. Such implacable hatred for the Church and the ambassadors of Christ on Earth is not in the power of individual persons, but of a systematic activity stemming in the final analysis from Freemasonry. In particular, it aims to destroy the Catholic religion. Their decrees have been spread throughout the world, in different disguises. But with the same goal – religious indifference and weakening of moral forces, according to their basic principle – ‘We will conquer the Catholic Church not by argumentation, but rather with moral corruption.‘” They (the lodge) have aimed to kill Christianity, especially the Catholic Church numerous times. Purely evil. Read more here: http://www.lepantoinstitute.org/unc...gn-in-the-vatican-the-pope-will-be-his-slave/

Aidan likes this.
  13. Religious Fanatic

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    The masons are a favorite subject for conspiracy theorists, but apart from whether or not they really have global influence secretly, I have always been taught to be wary of them. Some breakaway sects like the Most Holy Family monastery claim that the Vatican II church is under masonic influence. But you also have the Fatima Movement, which claims that Mary is actually God and that God the Father is really Satan, and that the latter is an ongoing masonic lie. I don't really think it has any credibility, but like I said, there's a lot of conspiracy theories about masons. Some are excessive claims, but others may have some truth.

14. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    That's questionable. I was at a CANA Synod (one of the main jurisdictions in ACNA), and the bishop made the ordinands take a vow that they weren't in any secret societies as a condition for ordination.

Anglican04 likes this.
  15. JayEhm

JayEhm Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Orthodox Protestant
    There is Masonic symbolism in many of the mainline Anglican churches I've visited and have attended a 'Masonic' service at a mainline Anglican church where the priest was a Past Master of his Lodge.

16. JayEhm

JayEhm Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Orthodox Protestant
    I wonder if Freemasonry and Anglicanism go hand in hand with former Dominion countries like Canada? I see it everywhere. The Orange Order was huge in Canada as well, it was said you couldn't get elected in Ontario, without being an Orangeman.

17. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Orange is is full of Masonic symbolism

18. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    What evidence is there of the Fatima.org saying that Our Blessed Mother is God and God The Father is Satan?

19. Religious Fanatic

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Different Fatima Movement. Have a look:
    http://www.ourladyisgod.com

Of course, it's all quackery, but you should at least be aware that such a thing actually exists and not to confuse it with any other 'Fatima Movement' out there.

20. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

Newfoundland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    I have had the unfortunate privilege of being an organist for many Anglican funerals for which the chap was a member of a Freemason organization. I was never told whether they were or not - I just simply went as the rector told me.

That's when I stopped working for the institutional Anglican Church. I believe that you cannot harmoniously be an Anglican and a Freemason. Of course, the reason as to why one joined a Freemason brotherhood and what they believed about that brotherhood is simply left to the chap who joined, because often they just re-phrase themselves as a fellowship of men. I cannot say anything about them.

Research has led me to believe that Freemasonry ought to be condemned, as the Church has done, and as ACNA members also shy away from. Secret societies are too reminiscent of Gnosticism. God is merciful.

Aidan and Anglican04 like this.