Anglican Bishop Urges Men of God to Stand up for Biblical Pinciples [GhanaNewsAgency]

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by World Press, Dec 6, 2017.

1. World Press

World Press Active Member

Anglican Bishop Urges Men of God to Stand up for Biblical Pinciples

xpriestly-ordination.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4AcF4AXqN5.jpg

Tuesday 5th December, 2017

By Eric K. Amo, GNA
    Yelwoko (U/E), Dec. 5, GNA – Right Reverend Dr Jacob Kofi Ayeebo, Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Tamale has called on the clergy to defend and stand by the principles of the bible, and teach the word of God even if they are unpopular.

He said there were so many false doctrines in the world that were drawing the Disciples of Christ away, and noted that “Anglicans are vulnerable to their attacks because Anglicans today, including the clergy are not interested in studying the word of God”.

Bishop Ayeebo made the call when he delivered a sermon at the ordination ceremony of five Anglican Priests at Yelwoko in the Bawku West District of the Upper East Region.

The ordained Priests, whom the Bishop charged to proclaim by word and in deeds the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, because he had called them to share in his priesthood, and continue with his mission, included Reverend Albert Atibila, Reverend David Akurikiya, Reverend Michael Awini, Reverend Timothy Ayeebo and Reverend Wisdom Asuuga.

The Bishop said they were called and anointed to be light to nations, bring good news to the blind and comfort to the depressed. “Yours is to pronounce God’s blessings upon the people that you will be administering to. Your job is to teach sound doctrine, so that the people of the Diocese will be able to defend themselves from false teachers,” he added.

Click here for the rest of the article:
    http://www.ghananewsagency.org/soci...god-to-stand-up-for-biblical-pinciples-125944

2. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yes, I agree with the above statement.

I am only new to this forum and to Anglicanism. So far, I find that though this forum has been open for many years, it does not have many members. There is a lack of threads and posts about the word of God. I am starting to think I joined a forum full of clergy who are only interested in discussing differences between vestments, bibles, churches, denominations, rules and guidelines in history.

I think the clergy should not wait for questions to be asked, but discern their own forum of faith and provide what is missing. This forum does not seem to attract the common folk... those that attend church from behind the pews. What are their concerns, beliefs, fears, uncertainties, and misunderstandings about the word of God? Or are Anglican church goers fully aware of the truths laid in the Scriptures already?

As I said, I am new to Anglicanism and I was hoping that this forum would be more attractive for people like me. But at this stage it is a bit intimidating. It is like I want to learn about using a particular computer and its forum is full of engineering nerds discussing program protocols and no mention about its hardware and how to operate it for common daily tasks.

Sorry if I have offended any Anglicans by my post. I am only pointing out what I have observed so far.

3. DivineOfficeNerd

DivineOfficeNerd Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Laudian Anglo-Catholic
    That is a fair point, but I suppose the reason is thus - our forum community mostly adheres to the same or similar doctrines, being, the 39 Articles and the Creeds. One of the failings of the Ritualist movement was that minor differences of sacrament were exemplified and the word in general de-exemplified. It is a failing of the Anglican church, but we will, by the grace of God, move on from it.

Stalwart likes this.
  4. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    So you'd differentiate between the Anglo-Catholics and the Ritualists with their excesses?

DivineOfficeNerd likes this.
  5. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    However, my point was mainly about discerning the Scriptures and relating them to life (Reality).
    To brush that aside and just refer to the following of 39 Articles and the Creeds misses the point (Truth).
    The main point is Truth and the Greater Reality that stems from that. Without using Truth as a reference to life, there won't be any life.
    My way of thinking is eating good fruit is better than knowing how to prepare it.

6. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, this is a small forum and really seems to attract old-bloods in the faith who are very knowledge about the Anglican tradition. I don't think the majority of posters here are clergy, however. Posters here just tend to be the more inquisitive variety into the nooks and crannies of the Anglican tradition. It is also more towards the conservative bent as well, so there is often much discussion about church politics and direction. I would venture that this is more of an academic environment versus a pastoral or study forum. It's also not always that active, so topics can be limited there.

I would venture that if there is something you want to see on the forum, the mods are very encouraging of our participation. We now have a small prayer sub-forum where we share together which just started recently. If you are interested in biblical study, maybe starting a thread would be a good way to initiate that conversation.

neminem likes this.
  7. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thank you for the welcome and providing an explanation as well as good advice.