Something about Mary.

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Gio, Jun 29, 2017.

1. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    What, specifically, are your points of contention?

And remember, Anglicanism in the world is much more diverse than here, as this forum is about a Classical, Reformation understanding of Anglicanism. You could get along fine as an Anglican in the real world, though the standards on this site are fairly high because of it's narrower vision.

2. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    That's the point, I want the people in my fellow church to have the same beliefs I do, everywhere, not just one area they do and in the other I feel excluded from everything. Now I don't know if there is any other choice

3. Gio

Gio Member

Usa
    Religion:
    Anglican catholic
    Well, I really loved this church, maybe I should just have a life with no ties to any church and just worship God based on what the Bible says

4. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    There is some difficulty, I'm afraid, in worshipping "unchurched." The Church is the fullest expression of Godly worship, and without the Word, preached according to the Spirit bestowed upon us at the day of Pentecost, and the Sacraments rightly administered, we will not be able to live the Spiritual life to the fullest.

There is a short, pithy phrase I would like to share with you: In essentials, unity; in nonessentials, liberty; in all things, charity. You are correct that not every Anglican parish and every Anglican believes the same thing. But the thing is, no communion has it any better; the Roman Catholic Church claims it, but behind the scenes it is not quite so. There are dissenters among parishes and parishioners. Anglicanism simply owns up to the fact that not everybody agrees on everything, and has done remarkably well with it. We must share unity in essentials, respect the freedom of belief in nonessentials and pious opinions, and stay charitable in our discussions of all things as we hammer out our categories. By leaving all semblance of the Church, one is alienating themselves further from the great body of Christ, and I don't see how you can find comfort in unity hashing it out on your own. I urge you to stay a while, and not lose hope. You don't need to stay Anglican, though I'd encourage it, but I urge you to remain in communion with the Body of Christ.

alphaomega likes this.
  5. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I believe only clergy have to agree 100% w/39 article. Laity with the Creeds. The 39 are a good way of keeping the faith in "check".

PotterMcKinney likes this.
  6. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Why not? Esp.if you are comfortable with Latin. The Psalter headings in our BCP are all in Latin along withmuch of our terminology.

PotterMcKinney likes this.
  7. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Anglicanism is far from perfect, as any Christian denomination that has humans in it. But, all that to the side Traditional Anglican Christianity has a lot of greatness. It is a keeper of The True Faith, liturgical worship w/ancient roots and they(Anglican Churches) are some of the most welcoming people you can meet. They also are serious and take great pride in their faith. I say this coming from an Orthodox Christian background. I have utmost respect for Roman Catholism, but certain things kept me from being RC. Being a father, the whole child sex abuse thing comes up way to often( I have friends that are RC and even nuns, I , in no way refering to all of RC's). Papal Supremacy, no checks and balances,...God shows no favoritism, right? Anglicanism is very wide in scope. Classical Anglicanism is a beautiful, holy way to worship and to spiritually live. I have no problem in asking the Saints to pray for me, ("we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses"Hbrws 13) Mother Mary is my mother! (Rev12) as she is to every true Christian. I know the "prayer of a righteous man availeth much"(Jms5" 5) A true Saint , acknowledged for their holiness, had a powerful prayer. How much more Mother Mary, who I love from the bottom of my heart? True Anglicanism is True Christianity, you can ask the saints, and Mother Mary for prayer. This is your choice and your freedom, one of many things that makes authentic Anglicanism so great.