Formula of Holy Subscription

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Admin, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    TEC is probably the least Anglican

2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

It depends on the parish. Mine is as Anglican as they come, which is why I thank God I attend it.

Ide, Madeline and CWJ like this.
  3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    I, Peteprint, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled,The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  4. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

How so? Are you speaking from experience? I would be curious to know because my parish priest has been encouraging me to read/pray the daily office from the BCP as part of my learning about the church. I've visited Episcopal parishes in several states in the U.S.A. and found them varied. As long as they are theologically sound, I feel there is room for expression in worship, ministry, and outreach. When I attended a high church service (where the women covered and the priest faced away from us at the altar), it felt like coming home. I've also been in low church setting attending holy communion with just ten people and felt great peace.

I feel blessed that God has led me in this direction to the Anglican church. I can ask questions and get thoughtful answers, not be dismissed for thinking. There is room for thoughtfulness and expression so long as it doesn't stray from foundational Christian teachings. I hope that larger body of TEC can correct its course in this respect. But as I am new to this, I can't say I have much to contribute.

5. DICKSON NG'HILY

DICKSON NG'HILY Member Anglican

Tanzania
    Religion:
    Anglican
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and AthanasianCreeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Dickson Ng'hily, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

6. Colum

Colum New Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Colum, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman, Aidan and Andy like this.
  7. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Welcome to the Catholic family Colum

Tom and Lowly Layman like this.
  8. Magistos

Magistos Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: TheApostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, theChurch Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Magistos, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church ofEngland, together with the Psalter, or Psalms ofDavid, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  9. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Welcome, Magistos!

10. Lowly Layman

Welcome! God bless your time here, friend!

11. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome to the forum

12. PotterMcKinney

PotterMcKinney Active Member Typist Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    PECUSA
    Well, I guess I feel confident enough to make the jump....

As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, PotterMcKinney, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  13. Lowly Layman

Congratulations Potter!

PotterMcKinney likes this.
  14. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Welcome!

15. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Congrats on your declaration.

16. Dave61

Dave61 New Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican

I, Dave61, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman and Peteprint like this.
  17. Lowly Layman

18. Paul Dean

Paul Dean New Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England

I, Paul Dean, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  19. Lowly Layman

Well done Paul!

Paul Dean likes this.
  20. Tom

Tom New Member Anglican

I, Tom, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.